1,668 results
All reviewstrain stationminute walkcity centrequiet neighborhoodboutique hoteltriple roombreakfast roomwould definitely stay here againbologna centralelovely hotelquiet at nightpiazza maggiorecouple of nightsreception staffmini barshort breakstayed nights
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Loved the hotel, stayed there twice now, a stones throw from the train station beautiful location for shopping and restaurants, this hotel is definite must to stay, beautiful breakfast lots to choose from, will always stay here

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 January 2018

good facilities, very clean and very friendly staff. The hotel is located close to the center but slightly away from the crowd. The facilities are great, and being able to borrow the hotel's bikes is a great chance to explore the city

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I found out after we had left that my wife had actually booked us a superior room for an extra 25Euro a night but thought they hadn't been able to give us one as they didn't mention it at check in and the room (306) was rather ordinary.
On the positive side it is well placed for the train station and in a quiet residential area. The staff were very nice, it was clean, the shower was excellent and breakfast in the chicken themed dining room was reasonable.
However, the walls are very thin so it gets noisy if you have neighbours. There is no wardrobe, just a hanging rail with insufficient hangers and no drawers to put your clothes and no room to store your cases which you have to live out of. There was a balcony but it had a privacy screen so you have no view from it. It was average for a standard, poor for a superior. We will look elsewhere when we go next.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I booked a surprise trip for my husband for NY. I e mailed the hotel prior to arriving requesting consideration for a nice room and the hotel responded very quickly by offering an upgrade to a superior room for an extra €75 for the 3 nights. Thinking the superior room would be luxurious I accepted. When we checked in we were given room 306 on the 3rd floor. The receptionist didn’t mention the upgrade or any payment so I presumed that as it was NY eve and they were full, that it had not been possible. When we went into room 306 I definitely didn’t think we had been upgraded. The room was very small, had no wardrobe to put your clothes or draws for underwear. There was simply a metal fancy totes rail with hangers for you to hang your clothes on. It was not enclosed. The room was very basic to say the least. It had two wooden chairs, no wardrobe a small table in between the 2 single beds which was only big enough to take the telephone that had seen better days. There was insufficient electric sockets, 1 only by the bed. The bedding was old fashioned, with a top blanket that was rough, no douvets as in other 4 star hotels! The walls are like paper you could here every conversation between you neighbours both sides, It was so bad that I could hear the neighbours taking their clothes of the metal hangers as they bashed against each other.
The television was so small that you needed glasses to watch from your beds, this and the kettle was on some Old looking dresser. The kettle had to be moved in order to reach the plug which was not ideal as it contained boiling water. At the base of one bed was a large trunk holding spare bedding, I have lost count how many times I have banged into it and bruised my leg. The other bed had a small table at the end of it! For what reason I don’t know. Apparently the superior room had bath towels and slippers plus toiletries (free with other 4 star hotels). The bathrobes were shabby and well worn. Slippers were ok and there was only shampoo/ body wash! No conditioner or body lotion. Toothbrush, shaver and soap was available if needed. No iron in the room either. Bathroom was ok, nothing special, shower tiles a little grubby!. The room had a very small balcony. When we checked out we paid the tax expected and left our luggage. Hence the thought that we had not been upgraded as I was not charged for the upgrade. When we returned later to collect our luggage it was then that they asked for the extra €75. I was in shock as I could not believe that they had the cheek to say the room we was in was a Superior. If that was a Superior Room I really would hate to think what they are offering as a standard room! I dread to think! To me the room we were given would be classed as a standard room! We have travelled extensively and have stayed in other 4 star hotels and that was NOT up to that standard. The breakfast was ok adequate and the location of the hotel was about 20 min walk from the centre. We will return to Bologna but we will definitely NOT be staying here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene1032
Guercino, Responsabile reception at Hotel Il Guercino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Rene1032,
I am really sorry and actually surprised to read your words, when yesterday while I was taking care of your check out you were smiling and thanking us for your stay.
I wish you a happy new year again!
Nicola M.
F/O Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

In desperate need of refurbishment- everything leaks, is mouldy, paint and wall paper are peeling etc. Really disappointing. Would recommend people stay elsewhere until the issues here are resolved. I would not rate it over 1* in its current state.

Hotel is also very noisy as the walls are paper thin- if you don’t want to hear the cleaners early morning or late night chats from the people next door then avoid here.

Staff are largely friendly and the sauna in the spa is quite pleasant.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple