Review Highlights
Great cooking experience

This was one of the best experiences of our trip to Bologna. The experience starts off with a tour... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2018
kingsley r
Bristol, United Kingdom
Fabulous

Lovely birthday gift from my husband. Highly recommend. Will use this tagliatelle bolognaise... read more

Reviewed 4 July 2018
JanDLondon
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bologna
from US$167.78
from US$56.70
from US$104.14
from US$91.41
More Info
All reviews market tour cooking class class takes place cook book cooking lesson great cooking amazing food fresh produce carlo apron luciano wine techniques
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Bologna. For years it was my dream to have a cooking lesson in Italy and this experience met our expectations in every way!
Carlo and his team were amazing. We learned a lot, not only about cooking but offering some insights into the history of Bologna. I would suggest doing the market and lesson as going to the market alone was so interesting and a treat in itself.
We would highly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We had a great day with Carlo and his family learning new skills and having fun in the kitchen. Its a full on day with lots to do and even more to eat and drink. Myself and a friend had a wonderful time and took away fantastic memories of Bologna.

Regards

Mitch

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Met big Carlo to go shopping. Don't miss this bit, lots of tastings and delicious coffee. Back to the school which is very simple and relaxed but great fun and we learnt loads. Really proud of the pasta we made and bolognese ragu was delicious. Great lunch with our pasta and sauces plus peaches and Tiramisu. Thank you Carlo, a day to remember.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We had an amazing experience with Carlo, Anna, and Gabriella. Carlo showed us from the begininng how to make pasta, the classic bolognese sauce, tortellini, and since we had some extra time, tiramisu. It was done with patience, without hurry, and with attention to detail. It was almost like being with family. Being raised in an Italian family, it brought back memories of being with big family dinners on Sunday. We sat down, to enjoy our dinner, ( with an elegant table setting, prosecco, and wine) as if we have known Carlo, Anna, and Gabriella...we hated to leave. Not only did we have a great learning experience, it was cultural immersion. They are so delightful, warm and hospitable. I would do it again, possibly the market tour next time....and yes...I WILL be in Bologna again.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank rmar61
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I spent 2 half days with Carlo, going to the market the first day, then making pasta using a Kitchenaid attachment to roll out the dough. With the help of his sister, Gabriella, I made a Calamari dish that was fantastic. Also made a macaroni type pasta for the pasta I'd made and gnocchi. Lots of learning done in those 4 hours. The second day, I made pasta and learned how to roll it out. The class focused on make Bolognese sauce and making spinach stuffed Tortelloni. I loved working in Carlo's home versa and commercial kitchen. I've made pasta several times after returning home and it gets better each time. If you can, go to the Market with Carlo, It so much fun and he tells you things about the area and shops that only a local would know.

Date of experience: May 2016