“Amazing gem hidden in a little street”

La Taberna del Re Vallot
Ranked #842 of 2,080 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: Bistrot specializzato in colazioni con prodotti freschi , latte biologico , di avena, di riso, di soya, di mandorle. pranzo e cena con specialità tipiche Bolognesi Tagliatelle, Tortellini, Gramigna, Tortelloni, Pappardelle, Tortelloni di Zucca. Cotoletta alla Bolognese, Polpettine tipiche, costate di maiale, stinco di maiale 500gr. Taglieri con salumi formaggi e le tipiche Tigelle tutto rigorosamente cucinato al momento. locale climatizzato pianoforte all'interno sempre APERTO
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I don’t usually write reviews but I just had to! I arrived in Bologna with my mum and little sister on Easter Sunday and every single restaurant was packed out for lunch. We didn’t want to eat in the touristy centre so ventured 10 minutes walk out of there. After trying 5 restaurants, we gave up and made our way back down some little streets towards the centre. We passed this taberna and heard some traditional Italian signing so decided to wander in and by chance there was a free table! We ordered from the set menu and the food that came was so, so impressive and delicious we nearly fell off our chairs. What made this experience lovelier is an old gentleman serenading us while we ate in Italian. Lovely staff and great traditional food which isn’t overpriced. Would recommend to anyone :-)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I saw this place alone and next day I went there with my friends, and we come back other day and I went back one more day. For 7 euros you get a drink and the appetizer that is a table with delicious cold dishes, very good indeed, all that you want, or, better say, all you can eat, because everything is desirable. There is also a menu that I discovered last day. Open all day, I recommend a coffee in the afternoon with delicious cheese and 'arandanos' pie. Sara is very nice and enjoys your visit. Please Sara, send me the receipt of the dried tomatoes!!! Very nice and originally decorated place. Dont miss it!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2017

This is the bar where we left the most money as it was on the long walk to and from the hotel. It is a very friendly clean and attractive bar. Every time we had a drink we were given a plate of snacks - olives, cheese, cured meats.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We stumbled upon this little bistro while strolling the charming Via San Vitale and waiting for dinner restaurants to open at 19:30. We were warmly welcomed, quickly served our drinks and therefore eligible for the appetizer buffet that often greets drinkers. But even better, we could order off the dinner menu right away....and after a long day of sightseeing, this is a wonderful thing. Very friendly staff, cozy venue, nice selection both of apps and dinner options. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We were not hungry and wanted only an expresso. A very friendly service and noticed that owner/manager was very meticulous and methodical so when tempted with a meal we said yes. Loved the Gramigna with Crema Di Zucchine.