Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$232
US$223
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$334/night.

US$236
US$188
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$218
US$160
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

US$313
US$219
  • Pool
US$144
US$121
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

US$328
US$1,299
US$629
  • Restaurant
3,757 results
All reviewsshuttle busshuttle serviceevening buffetcentre of romespa facilitiesoutdoor poolgreat spaexecutive roomeuros per personbeautiful hotelthe hotel offerspublic transporthotel guestsbuffet stylemini barvisiting romesight seeing
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly clean, modern hotel 20 minutes from centre of Rome.
Lovely large family room overlooking grounds/ swimming pool.
Spa was lovely, breakfast had everything you required.
Things to watch out for is outdoor swimming pool only open from May and indoor spa pool only open for children 10-12 which eats into your day.
Very helpful staff on reception who advised us to use the tram (5 minute walk) this was best value transport which also took in the local sights.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OliviaEva
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Firstly, this is a very nice looking hotel and we booked it based on the reviews and photos prior to a 10 night Greek isles cruise
I thought it contended with some of the leading hotels in Rome - I was wrong...

First impressions were good but as I checked in I asked for the “complementary drinks vouchers” that were on the features of a junior suite which we booked - this was specified on the Aroma lifestyle hotel web page under “room features”. I was told that this didn’t apply to me as I booked through Expedia... I tried to explain to the receptionist that it says this on the web site but was told that because I didn’t pay enough and got a deal through Expedia, that they wouldn’t honour this. Was only for guests who booked directly although I paid £400 for 2 nights. . I pointed out that they should maybe detail this on the website but was made feel stupid and told to book directly next time. So don’t book through booking.com, Expedia or any of these other sites - according to their reception...

Next issue, we were traveling with our 2year old son and with the junior suite we got spa
Access for free. On checking in we were told that children couldn’t use the spa which I am in agreement with. I was glad they said that. However, every time I went to the spa there were kids playing - 2 snorkelling in the spa pool. Ages between 3 and 13. But honestly, every visit I had to the adults only spa had kids playing. Not ideal. No supervision by staff.

Final issue, tonight we went for dinner at the main restaurant and out of no where 100-150 people ransacked the restaurant. They were here for a function and were sitting around us. Their MD stood up to give a speech -absolutely inappropriate when families are sitting down for dinner. We ended up leaving after our starter because it was so loud and there was a disco dj on. So disrespectful of the hotel staff to have us sit in a restaurant that’s been used for a corporate event - but from speaking to the waiter it’s normal.....

Key issue is there is no management of this hotel. It’s a corporate hotel and they don’t really care about their personal experiences. Shame as it’s so much potential. For a bit of background , I have never written a review before but felt after the disappointment I received I would share this.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ch091
IlDirettoreGenerale, General Manager at A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback following your recent stay at the A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel.

Your detailed comments are highly appreciated as they allow us to understand what actually went wrong during your stay and why we were not able this time to keep up with the reputation of an high-end hotel.

We are sorry to read that you didn’t get off a great start at reception due the complimentary drinks issue. It was not a matter of pricing that made you ineligible for such a benefit. It is commonly known in the hospitality industry that, to encourage direct booking ad customise travel packages, the hotel might decide to include an array of benefits. This is our case: the benefit section outlined below each room features description has been exclusively thought for direct bookings. As you booked through an e-booker, you were not entitled to get the complimentary drinks. We could have made an exception but it would have meant to be flexible with other guests and it wouldn’t have been fair especially with respect to other signed agreements.

Based on the hotel policy, children under 6 years old are not allowed to access the spa due to health reasons while we agreed on a limited time slot for kids aged between 6 and 16 years old in order to accommodate the family’s needs too. We totally understand that it cannot be ideal but our spa attendants always go out of their way to supervise the families with children and avoid their massive presence if it can disturb other guests’ relax.

Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your evening meal at Sapori dal Mondo restaurant. It might happen that, especially in case of conventions, the volume of people at the restaurant enormously increases and causes a noisy dining experience. Considering the restaurant layout, we usually work on it to guarantee the operational workflow and an appropriate distance for interaction with a companion for all the guests. But sometimes it can be difficult to manage the noisy atmosphere.

We sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest once again in the next future, should you decide to come back in Rome.

Best Regards,

Matteo Mancini

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Very functional and perfect for our three night stay in Rome. We particularly liked the Shuttle Service which took us into the centre of Rome for a very reasonable charge. Staff could not of been more friendly and helpful. Excellent buffet breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Evbush
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I spent one night in this beautiful and new hotel: it was perfect. The building looks like recently opened, rooms are spacious, facilities amazing. A huge 3000 sqm spa inspired by the ancient Roman baths, outdoor pool, art pieces everywhere and a very interesting restaurant with 7 cooking stations (Chinese, Japanese, BBQ, Italian, Teppan Yaki, Pizza, European) providing an amazing food experience. Staff is great and location really lovely and green, out of the crowd and in a beautiful city valley. Recommended!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018

The good, the bad & the ugly!

This hotel is about 20 mins on the tram out of all the big tourist attractions of Rome, however, I quite like that fact.

On check in we were given very limited information about sight seeing.
, given that there are you can book direct with some major attractions and that there are so many tour operators, it is disappointing that the hotel reception gave me only one tour operator leaflet. Come on, you should be aiding your guests to have a great experience of sightseeing in Rome, boy merely giving guests one tour operator leaflet which charges 3 times over the odds, come on guys, not good guest relations.

The hotel has a great spa, the largest in Rome, so after walking 20 miles today’s it has been great to return to the hotel and go in the thermal pool and have the jets on my poor tired feet. The hotel spa is quite beautiful and if you have a executive room access is included but even if you do not at €15 per person I think it quite good value to take the stress of a busy day walking away.
However, was not happy to find that after walking down to the spa that we needed to change into our bath robes and flip flops provided in the hotel room and then go to the spa. So we were turned away and to,d to go back to our room and return in our bath robes and flip flops, then We would be admitted, more information should be given to guests on checkin on the rules and regulations of the spa.

Food in Rome is quite hit and miss and some places add service and cover charges, some do not, so some places are quite the rip off, so please be careful. I would highly recommend eating light during the day and at night eating at the hotels buffet restaurant instead.

We have just experienced the hotels buffet dinner, wow, you have to try this, there are so many different food stations, there really is something for everyone and such great value for money at €30 per person including soft drinks and teas & coffees. It’s amazing value for money and would highly recommend. I do hope you have Raphael the wine waiter attend to you during your meal as he is delightful young man who is attentive and makes your dining experience a real pleasure, if only all hotels had a Raphael.
Not even left this hotel yet and we are all ready planning our return visit next year.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple