“Not so exciting!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Parione
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Had high expectations for this restaurant. My husband enjoyed it but I maybe made poorer choices. With a mozzarella starter that was an awful lot of cheese(!) followed by a pasta course, I thought flavours a little dull.
Had a wonderful red wine which did compensate - Amativo Red (Cantelle from Puglia).

Date of visit: November 2011
Write a reviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed 30 November 2011

So difficult to be negative about what could be a fantastic restaurant, but Ditirambo is not what it was several years ago. The food is still delicious, but not en par with Rome's overall food scene. Noticed that there were no Italians working in the kitchen anymore - this used to be a family run operation.
The service was really poor. I felt as if we were imposing on our server's time. Food did not come out together, and some never came. It took four requests to finally get the check.
If you are in the Campo Dei Fiori area this may still be one of the better options, but it's just not what it was before. Sad.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I had a lovely dinner with visiting friends in this lovely small restaurant in the very heart of old Rome. The ingredients are the result of a mix originating from Molise, Campania, Rome, Alps and more; the "carta dei vini" covers a more than vaste range of wines of excellent productions. Personnel is very corteous and attentive. A reservation is a must. Do pay a visit!

Date of visit: October 2011
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We went to this little restaurant following Frommers´advice and it ended up in being a real disappointment. We went there very early, in fact, we were the first customers but service was very slow and unfriendly. Worst lasagna ever, tiny portions and very bland pasta. I do not see why the popularity; there are much better restaurants in Rome that this one. Do not waste your time and go anywhere near Campo di Fiori, you will be better off. For what it offers, this one is overvalued and overpriced.

1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Fabulous place near Campo de Fiori where I was staying, Ditirambo is in a great location near shopping and plenty of bars. This was the 'fancy' dinner for my boyfriend and I while we were staying in Rome before going on to Siena, so we did it up and got lots of wine and several courses. I had the lasagna (no red sauce, with fried zucchini flowers - really good) and the suckling pig (very porcine in flavor, lotsa cracklin skin and a layer of fat - really amazing but a little over the top for me. I was feeling adventurous). My boyfriend had lamb and some kind of tagliatelle. Our meat and cheese appetizer was great. But the star of the meal, in fact of any meal I've had so far in Italy, is the tangerine sorbet. I know it sounds simple, boring even, but if you love citrus and enjoy tangerines in particular (a greener, slightly more bitter flavor than standard orange), you have got to try this sorbet. It is sublime and on my list of top 3 deserts of all time. We arrived during the early part of the dinner rush so we didn't need a reservation. Plus it was a Tuesday night in late November, so I would recommend a reservation. If you are looking for a fabulous desert in Rome, you must try the tangerine sorbet at the Ditirambo trattoria in Campo de Fiori. To die for!

Date of visit: November 2011

Been to Ditirambo? Share your experiences!