“Ditirambo, a real Roma Ristorante!”
Review of Ditirambo

Ditirambo
Reserve with
Ditirambo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #381 of 12,275 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Ditirambo, a real Roma Ristorante!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

A selection taken from Frommer's restaurant guide on Rome, Ditirambo is a true Roman ristorante in every sense of the word. The staff is very friendly and the food superior. If you're looking for fresh ingredients, homemade sauces, and quality selections out of the ordinary, choose this one. Everything including the wine was EXCELLENT. Highly recommended when in Rome.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank k9poppy

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Stylish food, great restaurant”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

It is well worth searching for this little gem of a restaurant. The food is great, service is great, amazingly long wine list. We had a really great meal here, and good have eaten any of the dishes on the tables beside us too!. Excellent value for money.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Annemarie H
Sydney, Australia
“Our best meal in rome”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We went to Piazza della cancelleria to have the carbonara at Grappolo d'oro but it is closed most lunchtimes except Mondays. We noticed Ditirambo across the road was about to open for lunch so we asked if we could have a table at 1 o clock when they opened. The restaurant is owned by the same people who own Grappolo so I asked if I could get carbonara to no avail. I had the gogonzola souffle followed by the roast suckling pig with potatoes - both were delicious. My wife had the roast lamb. The waitress was helpful and there were no surprises on the bill.

1 Thank ksf206
rome
“A very bad dining experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have been here over the years and loved the cacio pepe pasta so much, and when I had an opportunity to host my Roman friends for a dinner recently I felt certain this was a good choice .We had a reservation, the place was packed at 8 p.m. on a Monday night and the front room had a huge party. We were seated in the room I think they reserve for tourists. it was clearly understaffed, and even though my friends are Italians the waitress had great difficulty understanding them. They ordered a shrimp dish and an eggplant sformata, both arrived looking like cans of dog food had been emptied onto the plate. My spaghetti cacio pepe was very poorly prepared, lacked flavor, and the pesto my companion ordered was a thick bitter layer of it on a wide stiff pasta. It was all very unpleasant and the service was extremely poor. None of us could say anything was good about the meal. Something has definitely changed with this place so I offer the review as a warning. This is not the same refined and pleasant place it used to be.

2 Thank lenore c
“Close but no cigar...”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This was our third try at a "well reviewed" restaurant on TA, and admittedly is was the best so far. But that's not really saying much.

We went for lunch and ordered 3 dishes and only the slow cooked pork was worth a mention. The pasta dish was cold and too al dente, which I found a fault in countless other roman restaurants. How can an trattoria serve cold food? The pork dish was quite delicious though, and I would ALMOST go back for that alone, but...nah.

1 Thank Tokyoguy01

Been to Ditirambo? Share your experiences!