“Stylish food, great restaurant”
Review of Ditirambo

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Parione
Reviewed 8 November 2011

It is well worth searching for this little gem of a restaurant. The food is great, service is great, amazingly long wine list. We had a really great meal here, and good have eaten any of the dishes on the tables beside us too!. Excellent value for money.

Date of visit: November 2011
1  Thank Annemarie H
Write a reviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We went to Piazza della cancelleria to have the carbonara at Grappolo d'oro but it is closed most lunchtimes except Mondays. We noticed Ditirambo across the road was about to open for lunch so we asked if we could have a table at 1 o clock when they opened. The restaurant is owned by the same people who own Grappolo so I asked if I could get carbonara to no avail. I had the gogonzola souffle followed by the roast suckling pig with potatoes - both were delicious. My wife had the roast lamb. The waitress was helpful and there were no surprises on the bill.

1  Thank ksf206
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have been here over the years and loved the cacio pepe pasta so much, and when I had an opportunity to host my Roman friends for a dinner recently I felt certain this was a good choice .We had a reservation, the place was packed at 8 p.m. on a Monday night and the front room had a huge party. We were seated in the room I think they reserve for tourists. it was clearly understaffed, and even though my friends are Italians the waitress had great difficulty understanding them. They ordered a shrimp dish and an eggplant sformata, both arrived looking like cans of dog food had been emptied onto the plate. My spaghetti cacio pepe was very poorly prepared, lacked flavor, and the pesto my companion ordered was a thick bitter layer of it on a wide stiff pasta. It was all very unpleasant and the service was extremely poor. None of us could say anything was good about the meal. Something has definitely changed with this place so I offer the review as a warning. This is not the same refined and pleasant place it used to be.

3  Thank lenore c
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This was our third try at a "well reviewed" restaurant on TA, and admittedly is was the best so far. But that's not really saying much.

We went for lunch and ordered 3 dishes and only the slow cooked pork was worth a mention. The pasta dish was cold and too al dente, which I found a fault in countless other roman restaurants. How can an trattoria serve cold food? The pork dish was quite delicious though, and I would ALMOST go back for that alone, but...nah.

1  Thank Tokyoguy01
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We went to Ditirambo 6 years ago and loved it, so we definitely wanted to return. It was not as fantastic as we remembered, but we had a great meal, the service was fine, and they were very gracious about a bottle of wine that may have been "corked" that we didn't want. The cost was very reasonable as well. There were 8 of us, we had 5 bottles of wine, and it was something like 240 EUR.

Date of visit: October 2011

Been to Ditirambo? Share your experiences!