“Five stars is not enough!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Roman Style House

ingresso
Court
Entrance
Court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Thomas J...
“Five stars is not enough!”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a really lovely apartment near the Villa Borghese, in one of Rome’s nicest neighborhoods. My friends and I were lucky to stay there, as we found it an ideal refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city and its hordes of tourists, but within easy reach of all the key attractions.

Like many Roman apartment buildings, the outer street door is unremarkable but opens to reveal a quiet enclosed courtyard. The apartment is on the ground floor, so it’s very convenient if you have a lot of luggage (as there were five in our party with a fair amount of baggage, this was a plus).

Once inside, we found that everything was immaculately clean, meticulously organized and beautifully maintained. There were a few audible gasps when we looked a round and saw just how lucky we had been to find this place. The owner, Nicolanna, who greeted us at the door and helped us settle in, has a refined taste in furnishings and decorations. She has clearly devoted a lot of thought and effort to ensure that everything was chosen to enhance the comfort and relaxation of her guests. Her attention to detail could be seen everywhere, from the fresh flowers to the bowl of fresh fruit she had provided for us, to the toiletries in the sparklingly clean bathrooms.

The beds were made up with high quality linens and very comfortable, and we all slept well. The large dining room table seats six easily, so there was plenty of room to dine, or to spread out our various electronic devices, maps and guide books to plan our activities. In addition, the fully (almost lavishly) equipped kitchen has a seating area for breakfast or lunch, and includes a washer/dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee machine, and plenty of cookware, cutlery, dishes and glasses. Once again, everything was spotlessly clean and looked brand new. The air conditioning worked very well (Rome can sometimes be warm and humid), as did the free WiFi. In short, this is an exceptional apartment and fully deserves a five-star rating.

But I would be remiss if I did not add that Nicolanna herself deserves another five stars as the perfect host. She arranged a driver to meet us at the Termini train station when we arrived from Florence and offered to make dinner reservations if we needed them. She told me that as a Sicilian by birth, taking care of guests is very important to her, and that was very evident from the moment she greeted us. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and ensure we felt at home, and even stocked the refrigerator with some essentials so we could have a snack and breakfast without having to go out again. When we briefly had a problem with the WiFi, she personally took care of finding and installing a replacement modem within a couple of hours. She also made it clear that we could contact her at any time, as she lives in another with her husband and family just fifty meters away. Nicolanna’s warmth and charm, her meticulous care in preparing her apartment, and her attentiveness to our needs, completely won us over.

So my review should really be 10 stars! My only regret is that we weren’t able to stay longer. When I next find myself in Rome, I’ll be crossing my fingers that I can stay again at Nicolanna’s.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our host, Nicolanna
Liked least: Loved everything!
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 Oct 2015
Thanks again to you!I hope to have always guests as you.You are lovely and very nice people.Let come back to my home when you want. I will wait you.
Best wishes
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing