Appia Antica Resort
Residenza Argentina(Rome)
US$784
US$213
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

US$361
US$283
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$313/night.

Hotel Hiberia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$311
US$229
  • Room Service
Novotel Roma Est Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
  • Pool
US$394
US$233
US$200
US$117
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmaria luisaancient appian wayroman historystocked fridgebedroom apartmentcentre of romeminute bus ridehome away from homefull kitchenself cateringwell equipped kitchentrip to romewashing machinewonderful hostsrecommended restaurantslonger stayrestaurant reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

On a whim, I decided to spend a few days in Rome by myself. I am an experienced traveller and I can tell you that I have rarely been left with such a good memory of a holiday establishment. I was welcomed by Maurizio, the owner, in a beautiful well-cared garden and then I was shown the apartment. It immediately felt like home, especially after Maurizio spent quite some time telling me a few fun facts about the house and the garden and explaining where everything was. His assistant Julia later took the time to sit with me and go over my plans for my stay and advise me on how making the most of the Eternal City! Moreover, she explained everything about the neighbouring Via Appia Antica, which was an astounding surprise, a time capsule that I was lucky to enjoy on a tour with Maurizio himself! This was even more than what I was looking for when I decided to treat myself to a trip to Rome! I was sad to go home! Will be back for sure!

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Francesca L
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Francesca L,

Thank you for your kind words regarding Appia Antica Resort.

It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. Julia will be happy to hear that you appreciated the time you two spent together going over your holiday plans in Rome.

It was great to spend time with you, explaining the city and the Appia Antica in particular. You were so eager to learn about it: I could see how interested you were in your eyes! :)

You said you were sad to go home... we were all sad to see you leave! Please, come back another time as soon as you can!

Thank you again for your kindness. We wish you all the best

Ave Atque Vale
Maurizio - Owner

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Very nice place to stay, quiet, away from the center, pure Rome!!! It's very well connected to the center by bus, metro or taxi. Very good restaurants around. Maurizio restaurants list is the best, good value!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordi A
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Dear Jordi A,

what a pleasure to receive a review from you!
It has been a pleasure to have you as our guests and mostly to read that you loved our suggestions concerning ...food!
We admit, we have a list with the best places where to go, starting from one minute waking distance away from us up to the historical centre... We particularly care about this aspect, since it could be easy to jump into a bad or touristic Restaurant, mostly downtown. And this is something we do not want to happen of course.

We do wait for you to come again!

Ave at

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

The reviews are right - this was a wonderful place to stay. Huge thanks to Maurizio, Julia and the team for going the extra mile to make our stay so extraordinary. We'd definitely like to come back again during summer. The restaurant recommendations were great and it is definitely worth sitting with Julia for 45 minutes at the start of your stay for a good orientation to Rome and the local area. Really was superb. This is a particularly good choice for visitors who have already been to Rome and want to experience a new area - but whether you've been to Rome before or not this is a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear AndyandOros,

of course we know who you are! It has been a great pleasure to have you as our guests and thank you so much for your excellent feedback.
You are right, AAR can be the perfect stay for a first time to Rome or not. In both cases, our amazing location, is a unique starting point.
As a matter of fact, we are located inside the largest Archaeological Park of the world, the Appian Way Park, 4th miles away from the centre. This is a real hidden HotSpot of the city, and it is even possible to reach the Coliseum... just walking!
We are so lucky to live here and to know that once back home, our guests appreciate the uniqueness of their stay with us.

We do wait for you to come during summer, when the Appian Way is at its best, framed by a wonderful nature blossomed in spring, which will give you relief from the heat.

Ave atque Vale - Maurizio
owner

p.s. Julia is so proud of her briefing with you but, has the pupil surpassed her master? :-)

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for a great place to stay within really easy reach of the city centre this is the place for you. All three accommodations are very well designed and a treat for the eye. We were given a 20 min introduction when we arrived with all the required maps, guides and recommendations that you will need (Thanks Julia) for a great stay in Rome. Everyone at the Appia Antica Resort did everything they could to make our stay in Rome one to remember.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear nathan s,

thank you for this excellent review... 20 minutes? You have been lucky then!
Our briefing is famous for being a sacred moment, a very long one actually!

As a matter of fact, it is very important for us to give our guests all useful information and suggestions about the Eternal City.
In this way, our new friends can really be independent while here and mostly, they would not waste their time trying to figuring out how to go downtown and what to see on the Appian Way, a unique place just around the corner.

Thank you for appreciating the decorations and the design of the apartments, Maria Luisa, my lovely wife ( she is probably reading this answer so better to choose the right words!! ), is an interior design and she was in charge of the realizations of the apartments, she took care of every detail.

In the end, we love what we do and maybe, this is our secret in order to do everything we could to make your stay in Rome one to remember.

We wait for you to come again.

Maurizio - Ave atque Vale
owner

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

A charming, quiet and chic hotel with the best service and friendly staff. For sure, the best hotel I have ever stayed. I recommend for families, couples, friends and kinds of travelers. I loved everything and hope to come back soon.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family