“Don’t book a food tour- just spend a morning wandering in here!”
Review of Mercato Trionfale

and up
MARKET TOUR AND HOME DINING EXPERIENCE
Ranked #68 of 1,966 things to do in Rome
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I was planning to book a food tour , but didn’t manage to coordinate things with a friend. We decided to just head out to the market one morning , and were amazed by the quality of the produce , the price the market stall holders took in giving us a taste of their products .
The bakeries, coffee shop , and the delis were a pleasure to hang around in. We also made friends with the vegetable and fruit vendors. One of highlights was a small shop with local wines sold by the litre - in takeaway plastic bottles !
The ladies there were very shy , but happy to communicate in a smattering is English and Italian.
It was a pleasure to share enthusiasm about good produce with people who seemed to really care about their products.
I will definitely be heading back there again!

3  Thank lakshmi f
"roma"
in 4 reviews
"sellers"

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We had the fortune of going on a tour with Stefan from RomaEat Food Tours and this was an invaluable look at the daily life of Romans. I always love to visit markets and this one really stands out for its variety, size, and general friendliness to guests.

Loved being able to grab a quick espresso while in the market, sampling so many amazing prepared and fresh foods... we loaded up on the beat olive oils, best dried pasta, an award-winning pecorino romano, and delicious truffle products.

We went back later in the week just to shop for our rented apartment.

This is well-worth a walk through—consider bring a market bag and appetite!

2  Thank Geneva M
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The people of Rome are so lucky to have this market. The market is more for the Rome peole selling produce, fish and meat. However it is well worth visiting. Great for picking up food for self catering.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I stayed in this market neighborhood, so I visited this place everyday.
i bought fresh mozzarella cheese, vegetables and fruits.
I made caprese salad for my breakfast with the ingredient from this market.
Fresh mozzarella cheese was outstanding. Every morning was perfect.
Wonderful memories in this place.
I wish I could visit Rome and stay near this market again.