1,191 results
All reviews trevi fountain separate building great location bigger room walked everywhere fourth floor spanish steps heart of rome pastries vatican attractions church
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in an excellent location for walking around Rome. Which is good because you will want to be out of your room as much as possible. If you are assigned room 101 be aware that it is on the ground floor next to the lift. It has a window with a view of an interior area behind the lift, so there is no natural light entering the room. Check pillow and bedding before you sleep, I had a pillowcase covered with black mildew. Bathroom was clean and modern. Toiletries included a small soap, one tube of shampoo/conditioner and a shower cap. Also be sure to establish if breakfast is included in your room rate at check in and make sure it is IN WRITING. If breakfast is not included in your room rate there are many nearby choices to eat breakfast for much less cost.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank saras99
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

When I say run, I mean run from this hotel as if your life depended on it. I got to the hotel 3 hours prior to the time to book in. The man at the front desk, John Franco, was nice enough to take all my information and store my suitcase until 3 pm which was the booking in time. So I walked around Rome a bit, ate & got back to the hotel with still an hour to spare.

I sat in the lobby which was no bigger than 10 x 10 with faux modern walls and fell asleep. I woke up to noise and saw that other guests had arrived. John Franco proceeded to check everyone in, and had me standing there as the last person. Needless to say, I was too tired to complain. However, when the porter got my suitcase and told me to follow him up to the room that's where the real nightmare began. The elevator could only hold one person and a suitcase so I opted for the stairs. When we got to the room it was so small, there was no place for me to open my suitcase, but I did my best. As I got ready to take a shower there was mold all over the shower!! The bathroom sink was backed up and when I called John Franco to complain he seemed as if I was bothering him. So I asked for a different room. He had the porter take me outside, and 2 blocks around to what I can only call a barn yard apartment. The carpet was so dirty, it looks as if it belong in the street, that's how much dirt was in the 'barnyard room. I went back to the original room and finally John Franco sent the plumber to unclog the sink.

Now, I had to wonder if this room was cleaned, and if it was how did the maid clean the bathroom sink and it was clogged???? Obviously, it wasn't cleaned! The bed sheets were also dirty! But I guess if you're tired enough you'll sleep anywhere. If course when I woke up 4 hours later I have rashes all over my body!!

Needless to say the next morning I checked out and and spent a wonderful vacation at the Imperiale Hotel!!

I am someone who likes to read reviews prior to purchasing anything, whether it may be something tangible or a hotel room. But I forgot one most important thing - people are sometimes paid, given free items and/ or discounts to post a positive review. Obviously, the Hotel Trevie gave away some sort of incentives.

My pictures attached says it all. So on your next trip to Rome, skip the Hotel Trevie and all its other locations, as the pics they have online are taken with a wide angle camera, and everything in thus hotel is covered with faux materials.

So stay away from the Hotel Trevie.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Annie0706
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

When I first researched this hotel I thought, great location and photos looked nice enough.

You may be ripped off like us. We were ushered away from this nice looking hotel to another street and then put on the top floor of what felt like a prison. We paid for a "Superior" room with views, I can tell you whole heartedly that it’s as far from a Superior room as you could imagine!!! I have stayed in better Travelodges (for those not in UK these are very low budget hotels) I never normally take photos but have added some for you to see for yourself. Cleanliness is shocking, customer service is just as bad. We checked out this morning and was never even asked how our holiday went or if we enjoyed our stay. Glad they didn’t ask if I was honest, I think I would of just flipped and been in a lot of trouble, I was just happy to leave. As for the view.........hardly the best.

The lift holds one person, and 108 steps if you decide against the lift. I have a phobia of enclosed spaces so guessed on average over my weeks stay climbed 1000’s of steps, not my idea of a relaxing holiday! I am in the process of fighting for a refund as I think I was sold something fraudulently..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 25 June 2018

It is very close to the Trevi fountain. It is listed as a 3*, but I suggest it is a 2*.

This review applies to Room 101(ironically) on the ground floor. Rooms in the hotel, and its annexe, seem to vary greatly. There are similarities with the UK's Travelodge chain in its style and 'amenities'.

The bathroom was well laid out, and clean. There is a shower, {hand held only, as the overhead shower's control had been removed}, a wc, bidet and basin. Using two singles to make a double bed gives more sleeping space, but in such a tiny room as this results in limited mobility space.

Italian hotels don't have tea making facilities, but there was a mini-bar. The sole window opens onto dingy external access behind the rear of the lift . . . effectively, no daylight in the room, fortunately the air con. worked well. English language tv choice is very limited, and Berlusconni's standards seemingly still apply to the Italian channels.

The reception was of erratic quality, varying from poor to a welcome 5 star in the form of Alessandra, an asset to the hotel, who made particular effort to make our visit to Rome enjoyable.

The lift goes up 4 floors, and buffet breakfast is on the 5th. Self-service breakfasts can be a challenge, and this one, especially the logistics, without trays, in a slalom around chairs, is no exception, though the rooftop view​ made up for it.

We twice asked for a boxed breakfast to be provided on our final early morning departure, but though agreed, no food was provided at the critical time.

I understand that this hotel is one of a chain. When I have discovered its name I will avoid them on future visits to Italy.

Room Tip: Establish which room /floor/ building you will be in
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Spent 1 night after a cruise. Arrived at 11 and was told rudely to go and come back at 15
Very rude receptionist very bad atmosphere no lobby.
Terrible breakfast.
The rooms small even for europe. Small bad elevator.
Only good thing it was clean and 1 minute from Trevi fountain.
We had rooms on the first floor of main building so it was quiet at night

Stayed: June 2018