2,786 results
All reviews rooftop terrace daily market within walking distance around the corner the hotel staff beautiful hotel the main hotel top floor perfect location private balcony bottle of prosecco trip to rome the entire staff heart of rome rooms are small modern bathroom walked everywhere
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Had a great five day stay at this centrally located hotel, right off of the Campo de Fiori. We actually did not stay in the hotel proper, but rather in one of the apartments owned by the hotel about 100 yards away, directly on the square. An old building, like most everything else in Rome (this is not a complaint), two flights up, and you enter an apartment that is long rather than wide, with a sitting room overlooking the square, a small dining area, a small kitchen, fine sized bathroom, good sized bedroom with a firm mattress, and a little private patio in the middle of the space to enjoy. Although the noise from the square, which has a daily market that starts setting up at first light, and a nighttime scene that extends to the wee hours, is noticeable from the sitting area, despite the modern double glazed window, the bedroom is unaffected, so we didn't find it a problem. Service was excellent, and there's a great little rooftop area where you can have a drink and enjoy a fairly comprehensive 360 degree view of the city. Best of all, in my opinion, this location puts you within a 20-25 minute walk of just about everything that you'd want to see in the city. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you want a little extra space (although breakfast not included), opt for the apartment.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jt4404
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We can’t say enough positive things about this hotel. Our only regret is that we couldn’t spend more time there. We were recommended this hotel by a friend and there was not a moment of disappointment. The location, the staff, the ambiance, all amazing! We will be highly recommending this hotel to everyone and will be returning as soon as possible.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
BHCDF, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kate,

I cannot be more delighted reading your review, which clearly denotes all of your expectations we exceeded. Our aim is to turn everyone’s stay into a memorable experience which will last imprinted in one’s memory for years to come. This can only be achieved by our empathy and experience of putting ourselves in everyone’s shoes, apart from offering spotless accommodation in a charming baroque Boutique Hotel right in the heart of the most enviable location.

Thanking you for your amazing 5-star review my staff and I cannot wait to welcome you back once again in a close future.

Sometimes a moment is all you need to forget a life, but sometimes a life isn’t enough to forget a moment.

Warmest regards,
The Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Nice environment, not right on a busy street. Walking distance to Pantheon and Piaza Navarona. Bus stop near by, but not close to underground Metro. Long walk to Vatican. Fantastic breakfast with eggs, bacon, cheeses, Cappuccino, etc. Very helpful staff.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I loved my stay at this hotel. I booked directly with the hotel approx 6 months prior based on Trip Advisor reviews and the location, which was ideal - I was able to walk everywhere, feeling safe the whole time despite travelling solo. I loved the market in the piazza below by day, then the casual eating and entertainment by night. I feel like I had the best room in the hotel - 603 only a few steps from the roof top deck which was always clean and inviting! My room was small, but for one person it had everything I needed, was very well presented and clean. The hotel staff were always friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the daily breakfast which was included in the rate - while it appears simple it is more than adequate and very delicious! Ask the lovely staff for a cappuccino!! Thank you for helping to make my Rome dream a gorgeous reality!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Adele B
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori’s excellent location, overall cleanliness & excellent staff, are the primary reasons I’ve given Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori an excellent five rating on TripAdvisor. The attached photographs are from the rooftop terrace. Cost of my eight night stay, including taxes, was €1,557.80 ($2,387 Canadian).

Overview:

Somewhere between reality and the twilight zone there is a place called Rome. The “Eternal City” is a wondrous place, with ancient Roman ruins, Renaissance Churches, decaying buildings & modern hucksters all vying for the tourist’s attention & money. One discovers very quickly that in Rome things work differently. Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori is conveniently placed in the middle of all the confusion. From the Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori, one can easily walk to all the sites of Rome (saving significant monies by not having to pay for taxicabs and organized tours). I booked my room for eight nights (August 27 to September 4, 2018) directly with the hotel through their website.

Getting to Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori:

A taxicab from Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCU) to Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori will cost approximately €50. Despite what some people think, say or write, UBER is NOT illegal in Rome. Yes, there are signs posted threatening a fine up to €6000 for anybody utilizing a car sharing service such as UBER, but these signs are not real. That being said, they don’t have UBERx in Rome, only UBER Black, so UBER is much more expensive in Rome than taxi’s (I checked my UBER app and the cost was going to be €68 for a car to my hotel from the airport). A much better option than a taxi or UBER is a private driver with E Class Mercedes for €55, which can be arranged directly through the Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori. This is the option that I used and it worked flawlessly. Immediately upon exiting the Customs & Immigration area with my baggage, I located the driver holding the sign with my name on it. I was quickly taken out of the terminal, into the parking area, where a well-maintained Mercedes awaited. Upon arrival at the Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori (after a 35 minute drive), I paid the driver and began my hotel check-in process.

Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori:

Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori is located in a ivy-covered older building on the edge of Piazza Campo de’ Fiori. It is a small hotel. It is clean, well-maintained, with a pleasant & efficient staff. Check in, as is common in many European countries, requires the presentation of one’s passport. I was given room 502 for my eight night stay, a shoebox sized room with two tiny single beds pushed together to make what the Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori website claimed was a queen size bed (The two small single beds pushed together to make a queen or king size bed is still a common practice in some parts of Europe. It makes for a very uncomfortable sleep, as you really can only use half the bed & the crack in the middle is no fun. In the alternative, one can always risk sleeping in the middle and having the beds separate during the course of the evening, resulting in a possible unpleasant flop onto the floor). Linens & towels were of satisfactory quality & the bed featured three pillows + an extra pillow was available in the closet. The room had a small washroom with shower (sorry ladies, no bathtub here). While I liked the concept of the washroom’s tiny rain shower, the execution was very poorly done. They have placed the rain shower head at about 6 feet off the ground. Meaning anybody 5‘10“ (178 cm) or taller is going to have to bend over and/or be a contortionist in order to use the rain shower. A very poor design, as the ceiling is almost 8 feet (243 cm) tall, and so a proper useable rain shower head could have been installed at a much higher height. There is a tiny television (smaller than most computer monitors) in the room, hooked up to the SKY satellite system, offering a selection of channels in a variety of languages. The tiny room also had a safe, mini-bar, built-in closet, make-up stand, & a small desk. Housekeeping was immaculate and did an outstanding job of cleaning and tidying the room on a daily basis.

Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori has a communal breakfast room on the bottom level. Breakfast is a selection of pastries and other basic items. I tried it the first morning I stayed at the hotel, and did not go back.

Many other reviewer’s on TripAdvisor have commented on the Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori’s rooftop terrace. It is a very good space & would be even better if they maintained it differently. That is: they have wicker chairs & love seats set up, but according to the lady I spoke with at the front desk, on days when there is a possibility of rain, they do not put the cushions out. During my eight day stay, they had the cushions out twice (and as far as I can recollect, there was rain on one occasion during the eight days I was in Rome). The front desk was kind enough to explain that if somebody requested cushions, they could be made available. I did so and cushions for me were promptly brought upstairs to the terrace. Also, staff would not always tidy up after groups of people left. Meaning empty & half-full glasses of drinks and food items would often sit uncollected for hours at a time, including overnight on a couple of occasions. Of note: There are several signs throughout the hotel stating that you are not allowed to bring your own drinks or food into the hotel or onto the rooftop terrace & that all beverages and foods consumed must be purchased directly from the hotel. I was instructed by the front desk upon check-in that I was to phone down to the front desk to arrange for drinks or food, which would be charged to my room. But the terrace itself is very lovely & provides for some excellent daytime and nighttime views of Rome.

Conclusion:

Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori, like Rome generally, is an enigma. It has a fantastic location and, sadly, it is what one expects to find in Rome. It could be so even better than it is, but it is what it is. And for Rome, it seems appropriate. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is perfect, I give it a solid 8. Given the location of Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiorio, and its unique character, if Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori fits within your price range, then I recommend it as your home-base for a true Roman adventure.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank carfaxdave

Dear Dave,

I would like to thank you for your very thorough 5-star review of your experience in our Boutique Hotel, which besides I find very flattering given the fact it comes from an expert reviewer and traveller as yourself.

Our main aim is to leave an indelible mark on one’s memory by providing a spotless accommodation in a charming and distinct property taken care of meticulously, where every room has a different piece of furniture taken from antique dealers in via dei Coronari. The lower part of our building dates back to the 12th century, hence it is an almost millennial building as represented by the original under-covered brinks you find along the main staircase. All this throws everyone back in time in awe of the history.

Last, but not least, we also provide a tailored service by our empathic staff and our main purpose is to let everyone feel at home away from home. This is also true for organizing services such as pick-ups with immaculate cars and polite drivers for a very reasonable cost and reserving any guided tours one might imagine. Our guides are selected from number one tour company on this same website, yet their costs are the same or lower when reserving through us. We believe there is no better way to fully enjoy Rome than to rely on us locals. Such all round experience can help you to truly have a once in a lifetime experience and an indelible memory of both, an outstanding stay in an immaculate and enviable property and in our eternal city as a whole. All you have to do is to get in touch with my staff before your arrival and they will be more than happy to organize your stay from your room to any extra service you might desire.

As for the bedding, as you rightly suggested almost all hotels use having single mattresses, which can be pushed together or separated according to their needs. This is especially true for smaller properties where a limited amount of rooms and space would make it very hard to satisfy everyone’s needs otherwise. We do however have a few rooms with one double mattress alone, so all you have to do again is to send our staff an email to be allocated in one of these rooms.

In reference to our unbeatable terrace with 360° view of Rome; we have just started relying on a bar service which we did not provide up to a few months ago. We have however already bolstered this service so as to provide our seating area spotless round the clock.

Thanking you for your outstanding 5-star review my staff and I cannot wait to welcome you back once more.

There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.

Warmest regards