“Very good find in Trastevere”

Dar Sor Olimpio al Drago
Ranked #426 of 13,627 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Walking around Trastevere with my wife, we ended up by chance (and a little Tripadvisor lookup) in exactly the kind of place we were looking for. Nice, relaxed atmosphere, good food, wine and service. We have been recommending it to friends ever since and no one complain. Looking forward to going again in my next trip over.

1  Thank Pablo G

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

On our final night in Rome we chose this little treasure in Trastevere. We booked online through their website which made things easy for us. The food was excellent, and my husband particularly enjoyed the oxtail. Generous portions of wine by the glass too. We had a lovely evening.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here three times till now. And i was always surprised by the quality and the taste. Any kind of starter will do the job. You never have to miss the pasta. And even if you don't want to taste any regular main dish, at least try the egg with truffle. And yes finish with a delicious tiramisu or a pannacota.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

In a pretty touristy piazza, we didn’t expect much, but al Drago really make the effort. Best meal of the holiday. Loved the touch of saying a dish would take 20 minutes to prepare and it arrives in 10!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Was in Rome for my friends birthday, there were 14 of us so booked ahead and had a special set menu.
The other guests picked from vegetarian, fish or meat.
I’m vegan (annoying, I know) so my friend checked that they could accommodate me, which they could.
We arrived and had some Aperol Spritzes to start while we gave our friend her birthday surprises.
They gave me a menu to pick from so I picked 3 courses to come out with my friends (who had 6 or 7 courses).
The food was amazing, traditional and homemade Italian food.
The staff were friendly and so helpful, they even brought me a dessert (I hadn’t ordered one as I didn’t know if any were vegan) of these lovely little biscuits with a dessert wine.
They were so accommodating and every time a dish was brought, told me how it was vegan, which was greatly appreciated.
The food was absolutely delicious, and the portions were huge.
It was also very well priced for the quality.
The wine we had was an eco wine which was great and complimented the food perfectly.
If you have the chance to go here, then do!
It’s the perfect roman restaurant!