All reviews centre of rome metro station ciampino airport modern hotel pastries quiet area ham mini bar short break would highly recommend this hotel breakfast was included breakfast room supermarket buses cheese euro
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel was booked through Daily Mail travel. Sounded good at the time . Actually there was nothing particularly wrong with the hotel although I think a UK 4 star and Italian 4 star are somewhat different. It was a bit Travelodge like but very functional.
The issue is the Travel to and from Rome. A 30 plus euro taxi or walk bus and metro. Takes about 40 minutes.
Overall an ok hotel decent continental breakfast but nothing special.
Don't use it if you want to step out of your hotel into the big city lights.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

After spending 3 days in Venice at a great hotel I was really looking forward to a similar hotel for my stay in Rome. After all both hotels were 4 star but they could not have been more different. I knew the hotel was a way from the centre of Rome but I was not expecting it to be the metro and then bus ride away, approx 50 mins and hidden amongst blocks and blocks of appartments with no where around to eat within easy walking that we could find. Very limited menu at the hotel which differed in the restaurant to the menu in our room and to be honest the restaurant is like sitting in a huge prison cell with no windows and plastic chairs. Not really where you want to spend an evening and the bar wasn't much better either. They ran out of white wine completely and I had only had one glass and the following evening there was still no white wine. I could understand if it had been busy but there was never more than 6 of us in there and the bar closes at 10pm.

On the plus side the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and quite adequate but no frills, not even one English tv channel. The breakfast was ok but again only adequate nothing special.

Would not recomend and would not go back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and the hotel was a pleasure to stay at. When we arrived we asked the front desk if the lobby was quiet( given a room 4 meters from lobby)
We had a stay of three nights. First night the lobby area was rather quiet and orderly. The last two nights were very noisy and not controlled. Children screaming, balls bouncing and people smoking made the stay like a jungle. Also the breakfast stayed the same over three days. We made our expression and opinion felt when we checked out. A rating drop from a 4 to a 2.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Stayed at this hotel one night on 14th and 15th of August. Used website booking.com. At the time of reservation used my credit card to secure place (2 rooms) , I was charged with credit card and same time they took money from me for two rooms. When couple days later phoned reception, about money I was charged with my credit card the guy from reception said they'll return money back for that as the shouldn't charge me for that.Sent already proofs to booking.
Now 3 weeks later dealing with booking.com and Hotel Artis saying I was charged only once. So really no on can help me, booking.com is not reliable service either.
Shame that this hotel/staff is behaving and lying like that...really upset and propably will not use/recommend this hotel to anyone, be carefeul for what you paying.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Piotr M
ArtisHotelRoma, Direttore vendite at Hotel Artis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Mr M.

We received your request of refund through Booking.com (on the 29th of August 2017 and not 3 weeks ago like you said) and we immediately asked you a simple proof of the double charge ( maybe you gave these proofs to Booking.com but not to us) and
Booking.com never gave us a reply and now you accuse us of being lying thiefs!

We even replied to you on the Booking extranet asking you for major info regarding this double charge but we still haven’t received an answer ( either from yourself or Booking.com)

If it we did double charge you, we are more than welcome to refund you, but we need to know how these charges were made.
We're waiting for an e-mail or a phone call from your part
Best Regards

Reviewed 15 August 2017

lovely hotel outside and inside , staff very friendly and helpful, but too far from central area as main rail line was off for duration of august.
We had to get a bus to the rail station then a train, then another bus to termini taking 11/2
hours in 45 degree heat.

Hotel ok clean , but area is not in accordance with hotel.
overfull bins, rubbish every where . Gated accommodation not a nice area.
My family stayed 2 nights then left.

Hotel to far out on the sticks

Breakfast was ok , toasted did not work
limited choice