6,490 results
All reviews imperial lounge la pergola city view diamond member hilton points executive floor art collection beautiful hotel shuttle bus complimentary shuttle pillow menu indoor pool corner suite pool side turkish bath steam room piazza barberini
Reviewed 17 March 2016

The Waldorf Astoria in Rome is a dream of a hotel. Lovely decoration, incredible service levels, they really exceed all expectations from the doormen to the lounge and from the pool to the reception, all were amazing. The view is grand, the location beautiful but a bit further from the old center. But why leave the hotel? It's the best place to be. Tip: rent a scooter and have easy access to the hotel, the Vatican and the old city. Great fun and really not as scary as you might think, Rome traffic is very used to Vespa's.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the view of the St. Peter's Cathedral and order roomservice to fully enjoy that view from your balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Vanderpoortman,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review!
All of the Rome Cavalieri team are happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received.
We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,
Roberta Rossi

Reviewed 16 March 2016

what a great hotel this is,the staff are brilliant and the Italians are very friendly.if we are lucky enough to go back to rome the Astoria is the only hotel we will stay at.the food is excellent and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Albie H

Dear Albie H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review!

We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with absolutely perfect services which I cannot criticise. Because it is set on a hill overlooking Rome, I relied on the shuttle bus to get me to Rome.

I was so disappointed that the 'discounted' payments made through the booking agents didn't include - or make it clear that they didn't include - a view of Rome, breakfast or access to the swimming pool which made for a sizeable additional fee.
I am aware that this is not the hotels fault but had I been aware of this in advance, my trip to Rome and such an exceptionally beautiful hotel wouldn't have needed to be sad at times.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo

Dear Cat S,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts for your visit to the Eternal City even though we regret to read that some aspects did not meet your expectations.
We would like to inform you that we do offer many room packages that our guests could reserve in advance that include many facilities to their liking.
It was a true pleasure to welcome you at the Rome Cavalieri and we hope to have the chance to host you again in the future. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly, as our team would be delighted to assist you should you desire to make another reservation.
Yours Sincerely,
Roberta Rossi

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Went to Rome with my wife. Spent a week at the Rome Cavalieri/ Waldorf Astoria/ Hilton. The room was spacious, clean, and beautifully appointed. The bathroom was large and very clean with plenty of soft plush towels. The beds were comfortable. My wife requested extra pillows, and they were there we we checked in. The view from the balcony of Rome was spectacular. The whole property was beautiful. The art around the hotel was stunning. The service was second two none. Even the doormen were helpful, courteous, and nice. We travelled mid Febuary which is off season, which was great because it was cool, perfect weather to see the sights. The hotel also has free wifi.

Now for the not so perfect. The hotel is away from city. They have a shuttle service, but we used taxis. From the hotel to the city the fare is about $15.00 each way. One night I went down and order a Coke and a ginger ale, I was given 2 small bottles and was charged $22.00! While the had a large screen TV with many channels, the only had a few in English and they were showing old reruns. They had a package of extra channels and shows, but to view those you had to pay an extra $35.00 a day. They also have a nice indoor pool, that connects with a big jacuzzi and sauna, but to use it, it cost about $15.00 per person per day! That's the special price because we were Hilton members. Breakfast at the hotel, which was included in our package, was good, but I was disappointed that they didn't have an omelet station. The restaurant was just alright, but expensive, however the service at the restaurant was very good. The waiters were very nice. Another oddity was that the door to the shower was a panel of glass that only covered half the shower, so when you took a shower, the floor of the bathroom would flood. The last really strange thing was, that when we were out of the room at night they would come in to turn down the bed, and they would arrange what they thought were the cloth we were going to wear to sleep on top of the bed!
All in all we had a great trip. Rome was beautiful. One very important tip. Buy your tickets for the colosseum, and Vatican City online before you go, and you will save hours of waiting in line.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony overlooking Rome.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Bigdave2359,
Thank you for choosing Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and for your comments on Tripadvisor, although I regret to read that several aspects of your visit were not up to your expectations.
Please allow me to add my own apologies for these failings specially for the technical issue. Alike your nice comments on service and rooms were much appreciated.
At Rome Cavalieri my Team Members and I are passionate about delivering first class service and ensure that guests leave the hotel more than fully satisfied, taking away pleasant memories.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Rome Cavalieri in the not too distant future, I remain.
Yours Sincerely,
Stefano Bruni
Operations Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

I am not sure I would stay at this property again - this is my second trip to Rome . My travel companion ( twin sister ) picked this hotel . I find this property to be a bit " tired " and the location is not at all near the tour sites that we come to Rome to visit - I will say that the imperial club
( consigner level , located on floor 7) is well worth the extra $ ONLY if booked in advance on the Internet .

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisatimm

Dear Lisatimm,
We appreciate your honest review regarding your recent visit in the Eternal City. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.
The True Waldorf experience is meant to be one of carefree indulgence, with everything you could ever want just a wave of the hand away. We apologize for any factor that contributed to a less-than-stellar impression of our hotel and the service received.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Rome Cavalieri in the not too distant future and regain your confidence to Waldorf Astoria properties, I remain.

Stefano Bruni