“Terrible Service! But great food.”

Virgilio a campo de' fiori
Reserve with
Virgilio a campo de' fiori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,774 of 13,794 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We chose this restaurant at random (May 2018), and chose this one because the prices looked decent and the atmosphere appeared pleasant. Both of these things proved to be true, however, the service was absolutely terrible. It took about 20 minutes just to order water, and about another 15 to actually receive it. Once we ordered our food, it took an extremely long time for it to come out. A soccer match was going on, and the servers were scarce. When our server actually came out to spoke to us all 2 times we could get his attention, he was still distracted by the game to actually take my order. I know this sounds comical, because it is. He asked me for my order, and as I proceeded to order, I looked up and he was staring at the TV, with his back turned to me. Very rude to a paying customer. But overall after everything was done and done, the food was actually very good. We got wine, and about 4 other miscellaneous dishes (Pasta, pizza, seafood, etc). We were going to get dessert and coffee but again, no server to be found so we decided to call it quits, paid for our food, and left.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

When in Rome do as the Romans do. Eat at Virgilio in Campo dé Fiori. The cannoloni was suburb, as was the Spaghetti and meatballs. Pricing was very fair. Very casual. Highly advise making room for the cream filled pastries and chocolate pudding covering it.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I come here all the time. Great service and great food/drinks. Highly recommended this place. A must go to in Rome.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Relaxing ristorante right in the Piazza Campo de Fiori (flower market). We stopped for an Italian bira, which happened to be 'happy hour' so were served a complimentary selection of snacks; we enjoyed a cocktail whilst people watching and listening to music. We shared a fish platter - sea bream, swordfish, squid, octopus, shrimp, salmon and scampi, wow! All of the fish was cooked to perfection, the french fries side dish were not frozen either! There is a wide selection of dishes to choose from. Ask for the homemade sweet selection too, my partner's cheesecake was delightful and light as a feather! To top it all, on top of the friendly, helpful service, the limoncello was complimentary! what more could you ask for?

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Fresh ingredients - Pomodoro from fresh tomatoes (not canned as in many other places).
Prawns where still frozen - are there fresh prawns in Rome at all?
Great handmade gnocchi with gorgonzola.
Great pizza.
Cheaper than other restaurants in the square.
We came back several times, every time we enjoyed there.
The staff is very kind - on the house limoncello every visit...
This was the best restaurant in Rome for us.