“Great cup of cappuccino”
Review of Hosteria 87

Hosteria 87
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Hosteria 87 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,283 of 13,321 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was in Rome for five days and this place has the best cappuccino of all the place I stopped at. Nice seating area and a great cup of coffee. Also, check out the pictures in the bathroom.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We took 2 pastas , it was not tasty and very salty .. wine Lugano is nice. But I wouldn’t recommend , as kitchen is so so

1  Thank Maria_Samoylova
Reviewed 7 April 2018

At first, we were charmed by the place itself (nice decoration), but we were extremely disappointed by the service. Apart from the fit waiter with the glasses who was nice, the other one (shorter with a long nose) was very pretentious and not particularly pleasant.
We got totally ripped off once we were given the bill. At first, as we wanted a glass of rosé (it was not mentioned in the wine list), they deliberately served the most expensive rosé to us (8 euros per glass, never seen this in my life!) Fortunately, the rosé was ok. We drank four glasses in all, I let you do the books! They brought some crisps, which I thought were 'on the house' like it's very often the case in most restaurants, but no, they charged 5€ for this (a small bucket), and they were honestly disgusting, tasteless and so greasy, awful.
Then, we ordered some chicken rolls, but were served to us without anything to accompany the dish! We ended up having 3 small rolls of chicken in our plates (not good honestly once again, smelling more or less like fish), and when we asked whether the side dish was coming, they told us : "it's served without anything, you have to order to have a side dish", wow, great, not even some french fries or mash potato, nothing, wicked!
We were not offered some bread either, nothing. Having myself worked in the catering field when I was a student, I've never seen this,Thererfore we did not order any side dish, and nothing else then, too disgusted by it all. We left, still starving.

The bill was very expensive although we almost didn't eat nothing! Half of the bill represented our four glasses of wine (not even filled with generosity!)

At some point, I was about to tell the waiter what I thought of this way of stealing off tourists, but I changed my mind, wasn't worth losing my temper as I was on holiday, I thought that leaving a honest comment on here would be more usefull.

So, if I have some advice to give people, don't go there, this place is a total rip off, they fool clients/tourists and only run after your money. Awful experience, bad cuisine (as far as chicken rolls/ crisps are concerned).

To avoid!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick lunch. Had best Ravioli in years...will return for the works. Friendly staff

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Great food. Brilliant wine advice from Pietro our waiter who recommended two great Lazio wines. Molto bene.

Been to Hosteria 87? Share your experiences!