1,301 results
All reviews converted convent via garibaldi beautiful hotel trastevere district ponte sisto bridge rooftop terrace executive room bars and restaurants inner courtyard loved this hotel quiet location main sites pastries few minutes walk on foot visit to rome trevi fountain
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Absolutely loved this gorgeous restored monastery. The decor is stunning and eating breakfast outside in the garden was the highlight. Breakast was fantastic with a fabulous array of fruit, smoothies, cereal, toast, pastries, cakes, eggs, meats, cheeses, raw vegetables and they even had a vegan section. We got given a free prosecco which was a nice touch. The reception and breakfast staff were amazing. Our room was very spacious and quiet. Perfect location to very close Trastevere with amazing restaurants.
The only disappointing things were; no jug to boil water in the room for a cup of tea so I had to ask the bar staff. On two occasions they were accommodating, however one grumpy Barman was so rude and said next time he would charge me 10Euro! Really? For hot water?
Secondly we had to leave early so missed our paid breakfast so ordered a takeaway box. It was horrendous and we drank our water but gave it all to our taxi driver. Seriously everything was in a packet and all processed, except for two soft apples. Surely they could have made a traditional panini and thrown in some boiled eggs and a croissant or crostata. So the latter two points scored them a 4/5 vs 5/5.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience in this hotel back in 2013. So this time, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights , 1 room for me and my wife and 1 room for my 3 children and i sent a request to have the 2 rooms next to each other and received a written confirmation from the hotel, i also called the hotel and they confirmed again verbally. When i reached they informed me that they cannot grant me the 2 rooms next to each other unless I pay an additional €29/room/night (€116), I tried to explain to no avail, so I paid the €116 because i was not willing to sleep very far from the kids. Besides plates and glasses smelled awful at breakfast to an extent we did not take our second day breakfast. I will not come back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel on advice from a friend who travels extensively. Book directly online on their website for the best price and the room you desire, a chat pops up and you can ask any and all questions directly. The only extra was the city tax fee upon exit.

This is a converted 600 year old monastery. It is beautiful, exquisite, clean, comfortable. The front desk and service people are lovely and helpful. Breakfast is delicious, with so many choices, and tastes even better while sitting in the courtyard ( which is now under construction so check on that).

It is located on Via Garibaldi in Trastevere which is a windy steep hill going up to Gianicolo and on a tricky corner so be careful when you step out the door! Trastevere is a busy wonderful neighborhood but the hotel is a 5 minute walk up the bottom part of the hill and it is quiet and secluded and away from the craziness. The rooftop garden is beautiful at night.

You are near Piazza Trilussa, a main stop. Everyone comes to Trastevere to eat and stroll and people watch so you won’t have to go far for lunch and dinner. You can walk across the bridge to main attractions or take a taxi. Down on the river is a huge outdoor market with booths and restaurants, so fun!

Our room had a view of the courtyard and a tiny balcony, AC, marble bathroom, comfortable but firm bed, fridge, desk. Beautiful. I peeked in a few other rooms that were huge with two double beds, like a palace.

I read many reviews, and one said there was graffiti on the outside walls, but FYI there is graffiti everywhere in Rome. Don’t worry it is a great area!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seamus48
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a converted 15th century monastery and it is beautifully restored and perfect! We had an amazing view of the city from our room and a view from our bathroom into the little garden courtyard of the hotel. Spacious room that was clean and had personal touches! We loved staying here and would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele G
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

In the middle of a very hot area, this is a really beautiful hotel. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly and the breakfast was amazing. They were able to get us cabs within 5 minutes, gave great restaurant recommendations. The bed was a true king bed, not two beds tied together. Bathroom was also huge and new.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brettmarkbert
VOI H, Direttore at VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for your comment.
We are very happy to read you loved your stay with us!
We hope to welcome you again in our beautiful house.
Kind regards,