“Perfect experience in every aspect”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
Michael M
“Perfect experience in every aspect”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The property is extremely high end and perfectly maintained. There are marble floors and beautiful artwork. The apartment is cleaned daily like a hotel. The rooftop view is amazing as you are right next to the Forum. The owner is fully engaged and gracious...always willing to give recommendations or make arrangements.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Tie between the view and the entire property
Liked least: Having to leave
2 Oct 2016
Thank you Michael for your great review!
For me it was a pleasure to help you and make your stay in Rome, in my house, unforgettable.
You will always be welcome and I hope to see you soon. Ortensia
Road25879...
“Amazing Stay, Owner and House!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We just returned from a family trip to Rome which was made extra special by our stay at this apartment. Our whole experience could not be faulted from start to finish. From the thoughtful and delicious welcome basket to the clean and beautiful apartment (air conditioning in the rooms a well!) included a daily cleaning service. By far the highlight was the roof top terrace with the most amazing views over the forum. You could even see the colosseum from the terrace as well. The other highlight was the owner Ortensia and all the help she provided in making our stay extra special from recos on the best restaurants to eat at, walking us to the local market on Sunday personally, introducing us to a great guide to show us the best sites of Rome, to even ordering pizza for us one night so we could enjoy the roof terrace with some wine. I also personally loved the stove/grill on the roof for some outdoor cooking as well. The apartment was fully stocked with everything you could ever want or need. I really could not fault anything!

Liked best: The entire experience
Liked least: Nothing!
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Oct 2016
Thank you Kevin for taking the time to write about your stay at Spectacular Forum Terrace.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your family.
It is always a pleasure and a great satisfaction to know that my guests found their time with me and in my house to be as excellent as expected.
I am glad to know that your stay in my home has made your holiday in Rome perfect!!
I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warm regards
Gina I
“Luxury with jaw dropping views”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We were a family of six adults traveling around Italy and our stay at Ortenzia's flat was by far the highlight of our trip. She was in contact even before we stepped foot in Rome asking if she could arrange transportation from the airport. She arranged a limo pick up and we enjoyed a two hour drive around Rome while sipping Prosecco. What an awesome way to start our trip! Ortenzia gives personal attention to every detail and goes above and beyond to make sure your visit to Rome is unforgettable She provided breakfast items, snacks, wine and even a lovely bottle of champagne for our anniversary celebration. Her flat is elegantly decorated, equipped with anything you could want, an extremely large mostly covered roof top terrace that is furnished with table, chairs, grill, mini refrigerator, and offers a jaw dropping view of the Roman Forum and Coliseum. Needless to say we started and ended everyday relaxing on the terrace taking in the views of Roman history. Pina, the housemaid also provided outstanding service to us and made sure everyday we had fresh towels and made up beds. Ortenzia made dinner reservations for us daily but I must say her one recommendation to Trattoria Da TEO was the highlight of our eating experience. This restaurant was AMAZING! The wait staff was enjoyable and recommended the food we ate. It was an experience of 3 hours of delicious food and I would go back to Rome just to stay at Ortenzia flat and eat at Trattoria Da TEO again. I could go and on about our experience with Ortenzia and what she provided but to understand fully how lovely she and her place are you MUST go stay with her. We will for sure return as we consider Ortenzia part our Italian family. One other important note I'd like to make is how Ortenzia helped me buy and ship Italian cookies to the USA for my nieces wedding. This alone speaks volumes of her hospitality! Grazie Ortenzia!

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Loved everything
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
1 Oct 2016
Gina , thanks for your lovely review.
You and your beautiful family are been the perfect guests !!
I am so glad to have contributed to make your holiday in Rome unforgettable.
I hope to see you soon.
Robbie B
Mountain View, California
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This apartment could not be in a better location and the pictures do not do it justice. The views from the rooftop terrace are stunning and not ones you will ever see from any hotel. It was difficult to leave and see the sights, when we wanted to stay in and enjoy the house.

Ortensia made us feel like her house was our house, from welcoming us when we arrived and arranging dinner for us, to insuring we knew where all the best places to visit.

We're already planning our next visit back to Rome and to see Ortensia.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
31 Jul 2016
Robbie and his family were wonderful guests on all fronts, they were friendly and very respectful of the house.
I hope to have them again as guests in my house.
Berenice...
“One in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Amazingly enough the photos did not do this place justice. This was simply the most amazing and beautiful apartment my family and I have ever stayed in and we traveled all over the world. The gorgeous and gigantic terrace directly overlooks the Roman Forum and you will honestly be tempted not to leave the apartment. My family of five had more than enough room and we didn't even use one of the bedrooms. The bedrooms were very large, each with an ensuite full bathroom, with the master bedroom having its own terrace. The kitchen was also very large and fully equipped, and there is actually a small refrigerator, ice maker, dishwasher, two hot plates for cooking, plates and utensiles on the rooftop terrace as well so you don't have to go up and down the stairs if you choose to eat and drink on the terrace, which you will do often. As for the host, Ortensia was amazing and she even prepared lunch for our arrival, and was attentive to our every need. She could not possibly have been more helpful, easy to reach or welcoming. You will feel like you are staying in a miniature palace while you stay in this apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was top notch
Travelling group: Young Children
14 Jun 2016
Todd, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed my house. I hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely Ortensia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing