“Why is this so highly rated?”

Varnelli Pizza Bistrot & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 216 Restaurants in Pompeii
Price range: US$6 - US$62
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Tried six dishes - gnocchi, fish pasta, tuna pizza, basil pizza, pistachio semifreddo, ferrero rocher semifreddo. Pizza was fine, pasta I disliked, dessert just sickly sweet. Maybe it’s because we just came from the Amalfi coast and the food in the city isn’t great, so this is just comparatively better than everywhere else around here? But it didn’t meet any of the expectations you have of italian cuisine in Italy - I was really excited to have food that I *enjoyed* but unfortunately have had better in the UK or US. Underwhelming/disappointing.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We ate here two times for dinner as it was connected to Hotel Del Sole where we were staying. I had pizza twice and my husband had the Tomahawk Steak and the Swordfish. All items were very good/excellent and the pizza was the best we had during our three week trip to Italy. The crust was the best ever!!! Service was good but better the second night. I would definitely eat here again and can happily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal that was reasonably priced. I was full but was persuaded to have dessert. I choose the strawberry with Chantilly cream that was delicious.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, and nice waitress.
They speak a bit of Spanish and very good english.

We went there for dinner and wanted to repeat for supper. Be aware you may need a reservation

The pasta were really good
The pizza's are awesome

Absolutely, i will repeat if we ever return to Pompeii (which is probable since we had a really great time)

Reviewed 7 October 2018

The food was great but the drinks have high prices..... We paid 5 EURO for a glass of cold tea. WFT?