“What a great end to our holiday.”

Palazzo dello Spagnolo
Book In Advance
More Info
US$113.59*
and up
Visit the famous Catacombs of San Gennaro
Ranked #87 of 851 things to do in Naples
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say about this stunning place. After two weeks in Sorrento, Positano & Amalfi we arrive in Napoli, I am from and live in the suburbs of London so was well aware of what to expect with city life especially after spending so much time in places as mentioned earlier. My wife had booked Palazzo Dello Spagnolo and I really wasn’t sure where I was going. All I can say is WOW, what a beautiful sight greats you as you walk in off the street a beautiful arched staircase that just looked stunning. Then you are greeted by two of the best hosts I have ever met in Nicolo and Anna and in this case son Marco too, just beautiful people. You are given wine inclusive in your stay, the decor, rooms, views everything is just 10 out of 10 and just when you think things cannot get any better you a greeted and given breakfast by Patrizia one of the loveliest Neapolitan people I have ever met. I am not a morning person, I need coffee and time to become sociable but within minutes of being greeted by Patrizia I am laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks, a beautiful, kind a funny human. Love this place and the people you cannot be disappointed coming here.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Some of the reviewers gave their opinion because they were statying at B&B in this building. We found the place accidentally - "Look inside this gate, seems unusual". The gate was between stalls of the street market, so we were surprised when we entered the courtyard. Former palace, nowadays used just like a normal house. It was built in 18th century and is famous for its elaborate staircase with high arches and ornamented ceilings. Worth a look if you're around.

Similar staircase - althhough in poorer condition - can be found at Palazzo San Felice at Via Sanità 167.

1  Thank KrisD_pl
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed one night stop over from capri ,and wow we where blown away by the architecture of this fabulous building,we where met by our host nico who escorted us up to our room with a history lesson along the way ,approaching by the grand staircase you cannot help but be impressed, we where introduced to a lovely lady who was going to look after us during our visit ,the room certainly did not disappoint clean and fresh with little balcony overlooking the square, the bathroom was large with a double shower room ,plenty of clean towels superb.after freshening up we where then shown up to the roof terrace available to all guests ,this was the crowning glory sitting during the evening overlooking the city enjoying a glass of wine and so peaceful you would not believe you where in the city centre ,breakfast in the morning on the terrace was also a delight ,our host also arranged a secure bag store so we could explore the city during the day ,and our airport transfer for that evening ,we hoped we could have stayed longer .
Thank you Nico and Anna we will return

Reviewed 19 May 2018

On our way down from Capodimonte we walked into the courtyard of Palazzo Spagnolo.
It is very beautiful to see. I liked the green decoration and of course the architecture. I enjoyed the painted face over the door of a first floor entrance. I wouldnt go all the way just to see this but was happy to see it as part of our route

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We had a fantastic stay in the Palazzo. The B&B is quite unique: it’s on the top floor of a historic apartment building and the stairway is the architectural gem (don’t worry about carrying your bags up 4 flights of stairs – if you call/text in advance, someone will help you). The B&B only has 3 rooms. The rooms are quiet and the beds were very comfy. We slept well the 4 nights we were there. Each room has its own modern bathroom. The B&B owner serves breakfast on the roof terrace (since it was winter the tables were inside the heated glass veranda on the terrace). The breakfast is quite satisfying and the owner adds an authentic charm by chatting to the guests in Italian. Although we don’t speak Italian, we could make each other easily understood…it added really nice personal touch to our stay. Another nice benefit: the guests can access the roof terrace any time during the day, where there are drinks (water, juice, wine, prosecco…) and snacks available to enjoy. We took advantage of this and enjoyed night caps in the heated veranda with a glass of wine, while reading and relaxing with a view of this pulsing city.