“Inexpensive and atmospheric but our lunch was just average”

La Cantina di Via Sapienza
Ranked #315 of 3,324 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pendino
Reviewed 3 May 2018

A lovely small restaurant quite close to the famed archeological museum. We had high hopes. It was highly rated by TripAdvisor and the Guardian. My wife had octopus with peas. She is a seafood lover but was unimpressed. I had the lunch special; bread, pasta of the day and sausage. Given all the hype I'd give this place another try but our first experience was okay, but no more.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

When we stumbled across this restaurant in a quiet street away from the madding crowds, we thought it was going to be a memorable meal, a real find... alas, it wasn't.

The service was efficient but not warm. We ordered an antipasti. At €8 it was very disappointing and overpriced. 4 olives, some small pieces of cheese, 2 tiny slices of grilled zucchini and 3 chiffon thin slices of ham on iceberg lettuce. We had had much better. My sausage with a broccoli like vegetable was very oily. My partner was happy with his roast lamb.

I wouldn't recommend seeking out this restaurant for a meal.

1  Thank Bellenomade
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice traditional and home made food. A perfect option if u are sick of pizzas. The choice of many Napolitan people. Tasteful and very logic prices

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This lunch place is absolutely lovely and packed with locals. Be sure to reserve a table, as we saw 10+ couples be turned away. The aubergine parmigiana is one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. The texture melted in my mouth and I would eat that every day of my life if possible. I would turn vegetarian for this dish.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We chose this restaurant out of our DK Naples book and have to say it provided a basic Italian lunch. Service was friendly and the use of our guide book was appreciated and the staff assisted with our limited Italian. We had eaten better for the same price but for pasta and bread with water the meal cost 29 euros for two which is pretty standard. Lots of locals eat here during their lunch. We wouldn't choose to eat here again as ate at places that offered tastier fare.

1  Thank Judgys