All reviewssteep hillpool areapool rulesself cateringorange and lemon treesthe main squaredeck chairsminute walksingle filefriendly family run hotelsun loungerstown centresmall kitchensmall hotelcapri and ischiaitalian experiencetrain station
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Can't complain about the location, fairly quiet and in a very green and fruity setting.
If you need more space because you travel with kids the chalets are probably great. We only booked it because the rooms were already booked up. The bathroom was newly renovated. Everything was clean but the bedroom smelled musty and I am pretty sensitive to that. Also didn't find the beds comfy at all. I think they need to renovate those bedrooms. The Chalets have a kitchen if you need one. Practical to keep drinks cool in the fridge. Other than that we didn't use the chalet other than sleep and shower. Weather wasn't all friendly so we couldn't use the outside space in front of the chalet. Breakfast they serve is well worth the 6 Euro. We never used the pool but I thought it was pathetic that I couldn't take farewell pictures around the pool without wetting my feet first which was not doable 5 minutes before leaving. So I never took a picture and never saw the view from the end of the property, nor could I take a picture from the giant fruits or blossoms around the pool. As Canadians we run naked feet in every house as we hate to bring dirty shoes into the house. We take care of our feet very well and so we wouldn't bring any candida, especially not at 10AM when nobody is at the pool yet and your feet are bone dry and you just want to walk around to take pictures. I also was not impressed that when we arrived super hungry that they couldn't serve a fresh panini althought they have the breakfast kitchen close. We got a rubbery packed thing that was warmed up. Other than that very helpful everybody with tips for trips and restaurants.
They call a taxi for you which is cheaper. Considering they charge horrendous taxi fares there, take it. Very professional and excellent taxi we got to the harbour. It is a bit of a steep walk up but really doable. At the Amalfi Coast you have to be able to walk steep slopes and stairs or you might as well forget it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canadagoose2006
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Villagio verde as part of a Thompson package Oct 10 - 17.
First of all, we liked the rural feel at the VV, the accommodation is spread out under a canopy of fruit trees. Second, have to mention the friendliness and efficiency of the staff; esp Antionetta. Also I was impressed at the availability of gluten free options at breakfast.
The accommodation is a little way out of Sorrento, we walked it every day and for us it was no problem. The advantage is that it is v quiet.
Although there is no restaurant at the hotel, Filipo's is 5-10 minutes up the road and is excellent ( esp the melanzana parmigiano)
All in all, an excellent, good value holiday

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ali r
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely place, nice and shady. Pool area spotless, lovely lovely staff who make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Would definitely go back. Best place we have stayed in sorrento. It was just wonderful, a real family place. Thanks sos much.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joedut
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We booked Villaggio Verde based on the price, reviews and quirkiness of the chalets for the first part of our honeymoon. We found it exceeded our expectations, it was a lovely place to arrive to after a long morning of travelling and waiting for our hire car at Naples Airport, we instantly relaxed and chilled out! The Chalets are basic but comfortable and well thought out, the terrace is lovely to sit of an evening, the kitchenette is well equipped and the shower was excellent. We could park our car outside our chalet which was great and we could come and go as we pleased. Antonietta is lovely and very welcoming as are the other people that looked after us. Even though we were not there to sit by the pool, we did spend a few hour doing just this and it was really nice, we didn't hire sunbeds and the deck chairs were more than comfortable, I am sure if we had been there longer we would have had a sunbed for a reasonable hire price. The pool bar is lovely and very cheap espressos for €1 were enjoyed. Breakfast is also laid back and good for the price. Sorrento is an easy walk down the hill, just being a bit careful as there is no real pavement but fine - good walk back up to the hill and burns off some of the amazing pasta and Gelato Sorrento has to offer (probably need a bigger hill to break even!) Overall it was an amazing start to our honeymoon and we would recommend it to anyone who like the freedom to do what you like but still get looked after by some very passionate and friendly staff. As for the Ants and Bugs, you are in Italy, have a glass of Lemoncello and enjoy yourself!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanandJenni
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We arrived after 2100 and we were checked in by a truly wonderful host, Paolo. This man could not have been friendlier or helpful if he had tried. Nothing was a problem and for the whole of our stay he was so genuinely friendly. The lady who owns the Villagio Verde, Rosaria, was also so lovely and friendly. If there is anything you needed she was only to willing to help you, she also makes the most fabulous 'sex on the beach cocktails', to say i had a few on my holiday would be underestimation! The other lady in the reception was Antonietta, who on the day of our friends wedding sorted out taxis, helped us organise trips, and was again utterly delightful. Vincenzo, was a true gentleman, this guy also makes mean drinks at the pool bar, and again great to chat to and so helpful to us both on our stay. Finally Daniela, who is Rosarias sister.... thank you for all your help and conversation at the pool bar! All of you really make your guests feel so welcome and it is like being apart of a family.

So the Villagio Verde... This hotel has a main building and some wooden chalet's for its guests. It is a small hotel which is nice as it has a relaxed and friendly charm about it. The hotel sits at the top of a hill, no surprise in Sorrento, and it will take you about 10 minutes to walk in to the center of the town, be aware that the roads in Sorrento are nothing like we have in the UK. They are narrow and you must take care while walking on them. The hotel is on a slight slope to your bedrooms and chalet's so if you are not that able to walk long distances or manage hills, I would still recommend this hotel as they would be only to happy to help you out! Taxis while you are in Sorrento cost a fortune, they are not cheap! But once you are there I would say that costs are reasonable, it can be as cheap or as extravagant as you make it.
We were at the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, the breakfasts are very typical European, fresh fruits, yogurts, breads, cheese and cold meats. The hotel offers gluten free ranges of foods too and they serve lunches by the pool bar too, just check the times out when you are there for last orders!

The hotel has WIFI but not in the rooms, this was my only and I mean my only gripe, the wifi areas are at the main reception and by the pool area or the seating areas outside the pool, which closes at 6pm out of season. The wifi in these areas seemed to be 24hr.
I have photos and a few video clips and will try and upload these at some point soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms in the main building they were kept immaculate! I cannot remember the name of the cleaner, but she did a wonderful job!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends