All reviews the main street great location train station bunk beds amalfi coast balcony overlooking the street recommend this hotel people watching piazza tasso yogurt central location stayed here for nights street noise small room minute walk would definitely stay here again lovely balcony
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Firstly the Girls on reception were amazing at helping me contact the transfer company, when i left my phone on the back seat of the car. They called the company and Pronto, my phone was back with me in less than 30mins. Massive thank you .

This hotel is just what you need, comfortable bed, Air-con so cold we turned it off! and it was veeery hot and humid outside! The room and hotel was Clean Clean Clean, Location is perfect, super market next door to the right, and a Bakers, takeaway food shop to your left. Station just around the corner. Tasso Square 1 min away.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, I really can't understand the very few negative reviews.
Breakfast was simple and very tasty, just help yourself and eat and enjoy.
Amazing trip and a truly great Hotel WE WILL STAY AGAIN!
Thank you Hotel Sorrento City, you made our trip that much better.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Roberta L, Proprietario at Hotel Sorrento City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Michael, we are deeply honoured to receive such nice words, and most of all
we greatly value our customers comprehension for our efforts.
I believe , the good experience you had here with us, will be the right reason to return again, it would be great !
Meanwhile we are wishing you a fantastic holiday in Italy
Kindest regards
Roberta and hotel staff

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Sorrento City. We arrived at about 10am and were shown to our room with no hesitation. The hotel was meticulously clean. We had a first floor balcony room overlooking the Main Street and loved it. The hotel is very conveniently located close to restaurants, shops and the waterfront. Only downside was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
sorrentocity, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Sorrento City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you had a good experience here with us at Hotel Sorrento City. Our central position is one our greatest strenght. Every room is provided with tea pot with completary coffee and tea.

Hoping to see you again in Sorrento,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Clean,nice,big room and with nice details the whole hotel. Very good price for Sorrento touristic city and touristic period!
Located in the centre! Very good energy and very polite personnel!
Very very nice!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Konstantina N

Dear Konstantina,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are happy to read that you had a very good experience with us at Hotel Sorrento City.
Our central position is one of our best strenghts.

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 2 August 2018

This hotel was awful. I have never given a hotel such a poor review. To start, my partner had a family emergency that required them to leave a day early. I had contacted the hotel several times prior to checking in to try to change the reservation. I asked for a refund, a credit or to change the dates for a different time. The desk person said he couldn’t do anything, but I could contact Roberta. Roberta would be the only person who could assist me. He told me to call her in 30 minutes and when I did, she had already left for the day and I was asked to call back in the morning. I did and she couldn’t come the phone. I called several more time and to this day, I have yet to get in touch with Roberta as she has never been available or has not returned calls.
At check in, a manager told me that Hotels.com would be able to credit me for the shorten stay. He said that I needed to contact them directly and he would approve a refund for my unused night. He lied. When I contacted Hotels.com, they contacted the hotel, who denied the refund. After approaching the hotel staff about the denial of the refund, they told me that I needed to contact Roberta, who was not able to be located. The manager and the desk attendant were rude to me. The manger rolled his eyes and walked away as I was talking to him.

On top of the poor service, the room is ridiculously small. My partner and I couldn’t move past each other in the room. I have traveled Europe and understand that small rooms are common, but this was unlike anything I have ever seen. It was very uncomfortable. The other issues I had with this room were the bathroom had ants, it looked like it had been used and wasn’t cleaned prior to our visit, and the shower head needed to be replaced as it sprayed everywhere, and the water temperature wouldn’t stay warm, the beds were uncomfortable, the air conditioner was loud and the power in the room would shut off because the power key kept falling out of the wall.
I would not recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah C
sorrentocity, Direttore generale at Hotel Sorrento City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Sarah Czar, despite your review full of falsehoods, inaccuracies and absurd requests our Hotel certainly does not lose reputation given the large number of certified reviews all excellent and positive. Cancellation policies are respected in all hotels in the world. A reservation already paid trought Expedia can not be reimbursed by Hotel the day before arrival. If the emergency had been real, anyone would not have benefited from the stay and certainly would not have given importance to a few pennies. Instead you took advantage of the hotel and of your room and you had your stay despising us only because it was impossible to give you any type of refund. If during your vacation your plans were changed, you pay the consequences and do not despise our Hotel that certainly did not blame of that. For all the other falsehoods written by you, are the other guests with their reviews to deny yourself in everything. You Know my name very well becouse I never hide nor to you,or to anyone else. We suggest you, next time you plan a trip to study cancellation policies very well. Best Regards Roberta Di Leva General Manager.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Hotel Sorrento City is a short walk to the train station. We had a cute little hotel room (very few European hotel rooms larger) equipped with TV, free wifi and free breakfast. Very nice and friendly staff. Great view of the street and nice little balcony for viewing the street and having a glass of wine. Had no issues with noise from the street or neighboring rooms. Breakfast included - scrambled eggs, bacon, breads, yogurt, juice, cereals, fruit and a wonderful espresso machine. Grocer next door. Walking distance to many restaurants and the waterfront. Would definitely stay here again.

Did not see the rooftop area but photos look very nice.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharonearly
sorrentocity, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Sorrento City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear guest,
thank you for your excellent review! We are happy to read that you had a great stay and a good time with us!
Hotel Sorrento City is in the very heart of Sorrento and that's one of our strenghts. Loved to read that you appreciated breakfast here, since we prepare every food with the greatest care for quality and freshness.
Hope to see you again here!