All reviews gala night free prosecco pool view waiter service busy road evening meal weekly gala banana split fifth floor half board the main square pool closes train station plenty of sunbeds lovely hotel through thomson salad bar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a week staying at the grand flora. Reading some of the reviews on here would certainly put you off, but don't be.The positives out way the negatives. Firstly let me comment on the cleanliness of the hotel and in particular our room situated on the 3rd floor with a side facing view.The maid who's name was Rosemary was extremely friendly and carried out her duties extremely well and is a credit to this TUI hotel. Meals in the restaurant, breakfast and dinner could be better. Chefs got a thing for the herb rosemary. Pool area is clean and spacious with a fantastic sized poold. Given the hotel is centrally located in Sorrento we wouldn't hesitate to book it again for a 3rd visit.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We recently stayed in this hotel and I’m afraid that it was far from ‘Grand’. It is rated 4* by Tui but should be down graded to a 3* at the highest. The staff were great (except the dining room team) and the hotel was lovely and clean and in a good location for access into Sorrento BUT there i’m Afraid ends the positives!! we had paid for an upgrade so got a room at the back of the hotel but this still had a lot of road noise. The room was big enough but needed a refurb, the shower was so small (and we are just average size) and the AC was controlled by Reception and was either On or OFF!! It lacked the basics such as tea & coffee making facilities and a clock. Our friends were at the front of the hotel and as it is right on a busy road were unable to sit on their balcony due to the traffic fumes!! On the Saturday the owner threw a party for his son and guests were not allowed to use the main lounge/bar area and were pushed out to use the considerable smaller pool bar area, needless to say most people went out for the evening!! The noise was so loud that our friends who were on the first floor directly above reception were unable to sleep until all went quiet just after midnight. All in all we were very disappointed with this hotel and suggest anyone thinking of staying there seriously consider it before booking!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as they have better views and are quieter.
Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank _linbelcher51
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Lousy service. I asked for extra towels and after waiting for over an hour, I had to follow up and the response I got was no service and they will just attend to me tomorrow. Avoid this hotel in sorrento.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank gregdionisio86
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Just returned from this hotel. Not 4 star in my opinion, but overall it was ok and exceptionally clean. The thing I did want to warn other travellers to was my experience at the pool bar. I ordered a glass of rose wine costing €5, and stated on the menu as measuring 25cl. When it arrived in a small glass it was clearly nowhere near 25cl. I questioned the waiter who assured me it was. We measured the amount in the wine glass in the small beer glass that my husband got with his beer as this glass was marked 20cl and the wine fell short of the 20cl line on the beer glass. When challenged with this the waiter said this is what the management tell them they must use. After this was outlined I did receive another small glass of wine, but have no idea if this issue has been corrected.

Stayed: October 2018
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I stayed in this hotel for a week in September it is positioned on the main road which is very busy .

The entrance of the hotel has a lounge area and a night time bar

Check in was efficient and though not the friendliest staff they do ask for a credit card copy as apparently to many previous guests have left without paying the tourist tax €3 euros or bar bills .

Rooms are pretty standard clean but basic ; no tea or coffee , safe provided , tv limited channels .The rooms are a bit dated as the hotel pick a room at the rear as the front is busy busy .

Food : breakfast has a reasonable selection of fried eggs taste rubbery cooked in a batch usually beans ,cocktail sausage , omelettes after 08.00 .coffee awful machines that were passed there best .

Dinner pretty average at best awful otherwise , left over corner or the salad bar as it was called , choice starter and main was pretty poor as already stated just edible sometimes cold other times , deserts usually cake .The restaurant decour is old fashioned though has great views , downside it looks dated and at times messy and unorganised .

Pool : nice swimming pool and was clean towels provided though are a bit poor and obviously old bathroom towels , no umbrellas plenty of sun beds , pool bar good average

Staff : maid service great friendly and certainly helpful on floor 3
Bar staff friendly , restaurants staff mixed bag rushed guests , rude at times some of there table cleaning was a little unusual in terms of cleanliness .

Overall this hotel is not a 4 star 2 at best eat out is best advice wouldn’t go back

Room Tip: 3rd floor pool view room
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple