1,626 results
All reviews michelin star restaurant bosquet restaurant concierge desk bay of naples private elevator poolside restaurant grounds are beautiful the main square pool staff overlooking the bay amazing hotel our honeymoon large terrace beautiful room the cliff the hotel manager orange and lemon trees
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very deserving of its high status. All the staff, from housekeeping to the front desk, have the best attitude of any place we have ever stayed. Facilities are outstanding and the views are enviable. Due to commitments we did not eat at their Michelin restaurant on any night but the breakfast buffet experience was as good as the best we’ve had.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our wedding anniversary celebration after coming from the grand hotel ambasciatori. We paid an extra €200 a night to go from half board to bed and breakfast to which my wife assured me would be worth it.
Now the hotel is lovely the staff are very attentive the pool area is relaxing ( if there are no kids about) and the rooms are functional if not massive( we had a standard room )
The location is just off the main square and good for popping out.
As I say it’s a perfectly good hotel with a good reputation but for me for €200 a night less you can stay at the “grand hotel ambasciatori “ ( see review) on a half board basis and have just as good an experience

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Rustyruss67
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I have stayed in many fine hotels, but I'm certain that the Excelsior Vittoria was the best I've stayed in. Its location is outstanding, right off the main square in Sorrento, but once you pass through its gates, you enter another world of tranquility with beautiful gardens leading to the hotel and its remarkable view of the Bay of Naples. The staff is the best I've encountered -- all so personable and devoted to the guests' experiences. The rooms, the terrace for cocktails, the Michelin starred restaurant, the breakfasts...all of it added up to a stay I won't forget and one which I hope to repeat very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We should have stayed here. We decided to base our stay in Naples, it would have been much better to stay here. The distances to the main archaeological sites were very similar and this would have been a better base. As it was, we did visit for lunch. We found the service outstanding, the cuisine impressive and the general position a delight. The gardens and the swimming pool were lovely and the rooms looked good. We shall return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We came across this hotel when exploring the winding Sorrento streets, however, the signage is the first you see when you pull into the port. We were mesmerized by the grounds and the hotel itself! Old historic glamour with all of the amenities you'd look for in a modern upscale hotel.

We didn't stay here as we had prepaid for a hotel in Sorrento beforehand but would definitely book here if visiting Sorrento again.​

When speaking with the front desk, they actually suggested that we attend a charity event that was being hosted at the hotel that night, in lieu of actually staying at the hotel. I've been to many such events, and this one takes the cake! Everything was exquisite- from the champagne service to the various food stations at the seated dinner to the service and the activities held. We were in Italy for our honeymoon and this was one of our favorite nights and one of the very best dinners!

Inside the hotel, there are a variety of lounge rooms where you can enjoy a drink. There is also an outdoor champagne lounge under a pergola where I'd suggest going early evening. There is a club across the way from the lounge, so I'd recommend not going late as the ambiance is soured.

Location was phenomenal. Right in the City Center but far enough back from the road to be quiet!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple