1,484 results
All reviews train station star hotel the main street marina grande amalfi coast minute walk big bathroom cakes triple room would definitely stay here again breakfast room stayed here for nights yogurt piazza tasso euros pompeii giuseppe
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I first stayed at Ulisse in August 2013 and found it be clean and a convenient location with helpful staff. I came back to Sorrento in May 2015 for my mother's wedding and chose to stay at Ulisse again. My mother stayed at a nearby hotel and requested that a hairdresser come to her room on the morning of the wedding to do her hair, along with mine and my sister's as her bridesmaids. This request was denied on the basis of insurance purposes. The wedding co-ordinator called around my other family members hotels only to be met with the same response, until she called Ulisse who were not only happy for the hairdresser to use my room, they provided a bigger complimentary room. My mother was over the moon with this service and was touched when she walked through the reception in her dress, to have all staff members rise to their feet, applaud and offer their congratulations. She later sent her bouquet to them as a thank for their service, which she felt went above and beyond for someone who was not even staying in the hotel! I was happy with the service offered by Ulisse as it was, but feel they deserve proper recognition for their hard work and customer service after this. Thank you for a lovely stay and making my mum feel special on her big day.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kimpossible84
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Very close to both the centre of town and a short walk to a great little beach area where you can rent chairs to sunbathe or have a meal at a variety of restaurants (we did both).
The hotel itself appears quite large, the entrance, lobby, hallways and guest areas. There are couches to sit and read, or relax. The breakfast was plentiful, eggs and pastries, some fresh and canned fruit, but enough. I think breakfast when it's included in the price is always an added bonus, so I will not complain. The rooms were very spacious as were the bathrooms. Wifi included in the room was good. The only reason I would choose not to stay at this hotel again is that it totally lacked any kind of ambiance. I found it quite stark and cold and I appreciate a room with a bit of character or charm when I'm in such a beautiful city. The room was a triple and the size was adequate but the view from the window was another cement wall. But if this is not at all important to you there is good value at the ulisse and its in a very good location.

Room Tip: If there are any rooms with a view
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank SydneyF204
Reviewed 29 June 2015

The hotel is just a few steps from the city center. You can also go to Marina Grande on foot. The breakfast is simple but nice. The hotel is huge, there is SPA and pool but I haven't tried.
The only problem is that you need to pay to parking in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

This place was not so much a hostel, rather a really well run hotel. We stayed in a 3 bed room, which was large and cleaned every day. The staff were incredibly helpful, always willing to offer advice and directions. It is located fairly well in relation to the town, only a short walk to shops/bars/restaurants, about a 5-10min walk to the city centre and the beach and about 15min to the main bus/train station.

Pros: Very clean, large room, very helpful staff, free WiFi, good gym

Cons: Bit of a walk to city center but not too far

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2015

We stayed here on a friend's recommendation. The hotel is very clean, the staff is extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms are very basic, no beach views and the furniture is basic, a bed, desk, TV and a dresser. But for the price and the ease of being in the heart of Sorrento, it is definitely worth it. They have a small garage to park cars, which I can't imagine how they handle the volume in the summer. It is not difficult to find, just remember: down the hill. The hotel has a full Olympic size pool and a fabulous spa, which we enjoyed very much. Let me repeat, it is very clean. Breakfast is great, an array of pastries, juices, full coffee bar, it's just an amazing place. We will definitely be staying here on our return.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple