“Great pizza in superb location”

Pizzaria Criscemunno
Ranked #45 of 759 Restaurants in Salerno
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Description: Nel centro storico di Salerno, la pizzeria è stata realizzata in una delle strutture più antiche della città. L'ampia terrazza, fiore all'occhiello del locale, si affaccia sulla maestosa Cattedrale di Salerno, che ogni anno richiama migliaia di visitatori da tutta Italia.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very popular pizzeria in the old town, seems to be especially popular with the locals which is always a good sign. Get there early to secure one of the outdoor tables. Try the purpett c'a mulignana while you wait for your pizza (as recommended by our friendly waiter). My vegetarian pizza was superb, light fluffy and topped with tasty vegetables. My husband had the napoletana del piennolo which was also tasty and not a crumb was left. We shared a pudding (baba) which was served in a diinky jar. A bottle of wine and water brought the bill to 40 euros. No coffee is available. When we came out of the restaurant about 9.30 folks were still queuing up to get in!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful little restaurant with great pizza. The menu offers a huge selection of pizzas (beware -- pretty much only pizza and no salad). Can't recall our choices but they were both delicious. We do prefer a crispier crust but the sauce was delicious and the toppings tasty. Great service and a great value.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting and friendly staff, but above all fantastic pizza! Classics and fresh takes, plus great appetizers too. Had a nice bottle of wine and a good beer too (nice selection of craft brews). Definitely recommended, and we’ll be back!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

To my person: Italian, 44 y/o, fashion, lifestyle and food-lover. I was there with my cousins for pizza.
The pizza was not bad, but I expected more. In the country where I live, I had better pizza. The service is friendly (very young students, I think), the appetizer and starters were very good. Good for people who are looking for a funny, good place in the old city of Salerno.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I have been with some friends for dinner. The pizza is literally excellent. High quality ingredients, many of them slow food certified. Highly recommended