“Wonderful service from Naples to Priano tour.”

Amalfi Taxi Driver - Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 23 Transportation in Amalfi
More attraction details
Owner description: Private company driver for tour and excursions in Amalfi coast, Pompeii, tour from Naples or Salerno port , Shore excursions.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I actually used Amalfi Taxi Driver twice as we were so pleased with their service. Sadly, the trains were running late causing us to miss our connection from Florence to Naples. Regardless, John Pierre was still waiting for us at the train station thank goodness, was kind enough to take our over-packed bags and drove us to the Pompeii ruins before heading to Priano. He was kind enough to offer us a personal tour but my husband and I knew we would not be long, we just wanted a quick visit as we were so hot and tired by the end of the day so we went on our own. On our way to Priano John Pierre was extremely knowledgeable of the local history, all the historical landmarks we passed, local customs and differences between the local coastal communities which made our drive very pleasant. I was also very impressed with his driving skills as Americans tend to be quite nervous with the narrow cliffside roads driving through the Amalfi's gorgeous stunning beautiful scenery. Without a doubt, I would have been terrified to make that drive myself or tortured my husband with my backseat driving lol! Needless to say, John Pierre was wonderful so we could enjoy the views. He even pulled over on great pic spots and insisted he take pics for us lol! We were so impressed with John that we asked for their service to pick us up and take us back to the Naples when it was time to leave. Our second driver, I believe Alejandro or Alessandro? (forgive me) who was just as charming, very informative and also a very skilled driver (we Americans are just not used to these cliffside roads lol) having taken us in a different direction was also very pleasant and a joy to ride with. I highly recommend Amalfi Taxi as this company is very professional, prompt, very knowledgeable, happy to take you on local tours, they use very clean beautiful vehicles, excellent drivers, speak great English and made our visit to Italy a very lovely charming adventure. Thank you fellas, you were both absolutely wonderful! Until next time...Ciao e Grazie! Mark & Alma

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"coast"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Giuseppe drove us from Sorrento to Paestum and Ravello in one day. He was very professional and an excellent driver. The Mercedes van was very clean and provided a smooth ride. Giuseppe told us about the area. He was very helpful. The next day he drove us to our hotel in Naples from Sorrento. We are thankful for Giuseppe's care of us.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Requested a last minute taxi for day trip to amalfi coast which Giuseppe was kindly able to provide.Our driver Gianluca was pleasant and courteous and knowledgeable about coast. My only gripe is that although it was a very busy holiday day at Amalfi with many tourists,Gianluca could have tried harder and stopped there for us to visit Amalfi town,he said there would be no parking.We were able to explore ravelling ,Minori,Maori.He also took us to a very nice and famous pastry shop,in Minori which was really nice.We were dropped in Salerno in time to catch our train to Rome.I would definitely recommend them to my friends who visit Amalfi.

giuseppeAmalfi, Proprietario at Amalfi Taxi Driver - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thanks for your choice​!!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2016

We were staying in Naples and only had one day to see the highlights of the Amalfi coast - this was such a fantastic way to do it. From start to finish our experience was excellent. Guiseppe responded to our emails promptly and in perfect English and was really helpful not only in arranging our tour but he also answered a few other questions about our visit too! He picked us up promptly from our hotel in Naples at the agreed time and provided an excellent informal commentary as we toured around Positano, Amalfi and Ravello, driving the stunning coast road, stopping for photos and views along the way and building the tour around our wishes- we spent an hour each in both Positano and Amalfi and opted to eat in Ravello where he recommended and excellent restaurant with the most superb views over the coast. His vehicle was clean and comfortable and could seat 6 (there were four of us) and visibility along the road was excellent. The whole day was really relaxed and such a superb way to see the highlights of the Amalfi Coast. Highly reccomended!

2  Thank StelucLive
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2016

First, I thank the traveler community for sharing your opinions. I decided to contact Giuseppe because of the good reviews his clients had shared and I got myself a real treat. Since our initial communications, he was responsive. His messages were straight-forward and his service materialized accordingly. He gave my husband and I one full day of tour and one other hotel transfer.

Giuseppe is a solid driver and a knowledgeable local. He drove us around the Amalfi and the Sorrento coasts on our arrival day. Despite having to wait on our (slight) delayed arrival, he greeted us with a big smile in the arrival hall at Naples airport to picked us up in the early morning. He told us to relax and take our time – what a comforting welcome after getting off a 9-hour flight from New York!

Giuseppe is a polite, patient and careful driver, making us feel safe on the very narrow and windy roads. We were able to relax and enjoy the beautiful views. Being a knowledgeable local, he was able to give us not only some information about the area, but also many on-point recommendations on what to see and where to eat and shop in different towns that he drove us to. (Our most favorite Limoncello and Meloncello are from his recommendation!) His energy was just right – not too talkative, but not too quiet. Result was nice conservations mixed with the right amount of quiet times in the car. Last but not least, while being flexible, he is punctual. He picked us up right where he dropped us off and right at the agreed timing.

We were pleasantly impressed by Giuseppe and his sincere good services. He gave out positive vibes about the Southern coasts of Italy and put us right on the vacationing mode. If we are lucky enough to redo this trip in the future, we will certainly ask for him to drive us again. We highly recommend his service. You will be very satisfied and feel like money very well-spent.