1,138 results
All reviewsinfinity poolour honeymoonconverted monasterystunning hotelamazing viewswelcome drinkthe cliffstreet levelterrace overlookingwalk into townevery hourhotel restaurantperfect staythe hotel offerswould highly recommend this hoteljunior suiteshuttle bus
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I'm on the fence about this hotel. I stayed here a while ago while on my honeymoon. Upon arrival to our room, I was very underwhelmed by the size of the room and the location of the room in the hotel. They were aware that it was our honeymoon and didn't go out of their way at all to offer us anything. Given the amount of money we had spent here, a bottle of champagne (or wine or wtv!) would have been nice. We stayed at cheaper hotels before this and they all left us a bottle on our bed with chocolates or fruit for our honeymoon but not this place. Not impressed.

The hotel is stunning. The pool is stunning. The restaurant area is stunning. However, the food here is mediocre. We went out every day to eat as this place wasn't really worth it to eat at. Overall, I think I'd go back but for a short time and just because there are no other beautiful hotels like this in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank diambro
Salvatore T, Direttore generale at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am really sorry that you are not fully convinced about your stay with us and that your expectations weren't quite met.

I sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance so we can recover from this first impression and make you experience a truly unforgettable stay as we always love to take care of our Guests and make sure that they feel special, therefore it is important for us to let you know that we appreciate your preference and look forwards to welcoming you back this time for a fully satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely.
It was like a dream. Service was amazing. The restaurant by the pool was amazing. Pool was amazing. Breakfast was amazing. We stayed 2 nights and 3 full days. We drove there. What a nice view. We left our car and our luggages there for a night which we went to Capri. Nice people. Nice walk from the old route to downtown. Don’t forget to have dessert in a very nice and famous pasetry shop there, l forgot the name. I didn’t want to leave the hotel during the day. Pool was amazingly quiet and clean with good service. They did upgrade our room and we had a very big balcony with an amazing view. We tried the turkish bath as well which was complimentary.
Highly recommended.
We stayed in Italy for2 weeks in different cities but this hotel was something else.
I hope I can go back again.

Thank to all the very kind staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Salvatore T, Direttore generale at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your beautiful words of appreciation are the perfect picture of the philosophy that inspires the NH Collection world: creating Extraordinary Experiences that go beyond expectations.

So I am really pleased to know that you loved your stay and that you have taken so many good memories back home with you!

Looking forwards to welcoming you,

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel in an excellent location. We were upgraded to a suite overlooking the coast and it was great. Lovely balcony, comfy bed, nice pillows and welcoming chocolates. Room service is really prompt. We came back from breakfast and the room had been serviced! Steam room was excellent but you do have to book. Parking expensive at €25 per day and it is not very clear exactly where it is. Easy once you know! Restaurant service very good although the menu could be a bit more extensive. Certainly not a cheap couple of days but well worth it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor and letting us have your feedback which we truly value.

I am pleased to know that your stay with us has been satisfactory and that you enjoyed our Hotel and service.

We look forwards to welcoming you back for another Extraordinary stay!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Just got back from a trip to Europe where my husband and I eloped in Amalfi. We stayed at this hotel and could not have had a better experience. The hotel is beautiful, and one of the most unique properties I've stayed at ever. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a suite with a beautiful balcony overlooking the sea. The staff was attentive and very easy to work with. I have zero complaints about our hotel experience. I will also say that our 4 friends who came with us on the trip stayed at a hotel just down the hill to save a little money and had an awful experience. They all agreed that they wish they had stayed at our hotel and paid a little more.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

A Wow Experience is what we aim to deliver to each of our Guest and it is always a great joy to read kind words like yours.

So I am pleased to know that you loved your stay with us and I thank you for your preference.

Arrivederci!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

“Enchantment” best describes our stay at this hotel. It was good to go into town to see shops, coffee bars and such. But staying at this hotel was such a delight, my wife and I were jealous to leave. The staff, the surroundings, the chef made us feel we were in a villa/ castle that was ours. So clean and accommodating. The views were breathtaking. I wanted to just keep my bathroom on and walk the grounds every hour (with a glass of Amafi wine in hand). As a Nikon Ambassador, my wife has photographed around the world. To hear her expressions of appreciation for this hotel and what it offers made me very very happy to have chosen to stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with the community of Tripadvisor.

Your kind words really fill me with joy and pride as knowing that you loved your stay with us is the most important thing for me and all the Staff at the Convento di Amalfi.

We hope that each picture taken will bring back great memories and, above all, we hope that you will come back soon!