All reviews first floor spoke english opposite the beach christian toiletries paola
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Don't let the pictures fool you, this is not a great hotel. The front of house is very nice but once you get into the room you realise that the same attention to detail has not been applied.

The shower is 1 metre square, you cannot move inside it.

My room was very hot despite turning on the ac, there is another vent blowing hot air in. I asked for this to be fixed and was told to open my window!

Breakfast is a waste of time. No hot options, and the muesli was stale. If you have a sweet tooth you may enjoy it as there are many cakes available!

I would not recommend this place to anyone, there are many better hotels in Pescara.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 18 February 2016

We used Pescara as a stop gap to our visit to Rome for the Rugby 6 nations game, we stayed at 3 hotels over 6 days and the Hotel Salus was our last stop before home. On arrival we were very pleased as it was clean, modern newly decorated comfortable and warm, with lovely views of the sea. When we arrived we had a horrible 5 1/2 journey on the train and was fed up. We was welcomed by the receptionist who asked us if we would like a drink from the bar of course we said yes. My husband went to pay him and he said he would put it on our room. My hubby had 3 very small beers and i had 2 vodka's and orange juice (which the juice was carefully measured) We then proceeded up to our room which was lovely. When changed to go out to eat the receptionist rushed over for me to sign the check, i told my husband that i thought it said 70 euros he thought it said 20. After eating at a lovely restaurant paying 80 euros for drinks and meal we headed back to the hotel. We decided to have a nightcap and again ordered a small beer (3 euros in restaurant) and vodka etc (6 euros in restaurant) and we paid the barman he charged us 28 euros for 2 drinks and the final bar bill was 98 euros. This consisted of 4 beers 33cl and 3 vodkas. We only paid £54 for the room and breakfast. I am not a malicious person i own a hotel in Spain and know how damaging bad feed back can be, but this needs to stop ripping off tourists. I feel very upset that i spent 3 lovely days in Rome had fantastic meals with drink and never paid 98 euros. I have been advised to contact the tourist board of Pescala. So very disappointed feel very ripped off.

Room Tip: Do not use the Bar
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in September with a dog. We booked last minute so the parking was full but the reception advised we could park for free outside. The room, bathroom and all public areas of the hotel are modern and spotless.
Breakfast was great and the staff allowed us to get our food and sit in the bar with our dog to eat, which is fine by us as I appreciate some people don't like dogs around food.
The HUGE selling point for this hotel is the staff. They are all so friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area. We spent a lovely couple of hours later chatting to the 2 guys behind the bar.
Great hotel will definitely look to stay next time we are in Pescara.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2015

The hotel is modern and clean with interesting rooms. It's across from the beach and short walk to the shops and nightlife. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Andrea went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, recommend places to eat and generally kept us supplied with coffee or wine depending on the time of day. He was awesome!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Hotel lovely and clean with quick free wifi and right on the sea front. Small private beach area e10 per room.
As the hotel is small there are very few rooms with a balcony but is fine for a short stay.
Shower is small but a huge supply of white fluffy towels, wonderful.
Breakfast gives a good choice of the continental type so probably something for everyone.
The staff were all lovely and spoke English, so no translation problems at reception. While all the staff were great I must give a special mention to Ievgen the English speaking night porter. Nothing was too much trouble for him no matter what time of night we arrived back. A real asset to the hotel. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends