“La Tomatina”

Spain Tastic! Tours
Ranked #123 of 156 Tours in Valencia
More attraction details
Owner description: A new brand of Tourism in Spain. Revolutionary and innovative. Experience Spain personally. You will be the star of your trip
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I booked tickets for La Tomatina with Spaintastic tours. On arrival at the collection booth I was told that the tickets should have been collected before 9am, which was not included in the conditions of sale or email instructions.

Luckily I managed to purchase replacement tickets, but now I am contacting Spaintastic for a refund, and they are telling me they don't issue refunds and that I have to go to the town hall.

Bottom line, the event is great fun but don't book through Spaintastic. If only I had red the other reviews on this site before booking I would have avoided them.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

We were a group of 70 people and they organized a tour to valencia and la tomatina. It was great fun, and the staff was amazingly helpful in organizing it. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

First off - let me start by saying that the one star is for Spaintastic - NOT Tomatina. Tomatina in itself is fun. Spaintastic, however, is very disorganized. First off, their website is worthless. My friend and I spent about 30 minutes trying to book a bus tour and Tomatina ticket on the website with no success. When we went to the Spaintastic office the next day they did not seem to care that the online booking system wasn't working. They pushed their water after party hard on the attendees - from the in person booking at the office, to the day of the event in the morning and getting of the bus. 10 euro water party they said. That "party" was pretty much a scam. All it was was people hosing you down every once in a while (after long intervals of waiting). Nothing party about it. We pretty much went out of desparation because the showers they said were nearby actually didn't exist and they emphasized again and again that you couldn't get back on the bus unless you washed the tomato off.

Word of advice - you can skip the "water party" and get hosed down by the locals for free. And they seem to really enjoy doing it!

They also say they have their own lockers which are the most expensive locker option, and don't let you reserve them ahead of time even though they are their own lockers!! Even at that they aren't really lockers - it's just a bag holding service that you're only allowed to use once or else you have to pay the 5 euro again - the term "locker" is misleading here.

Their bus service from Valencia was mostly straight forward (though they didn't seem to have all their sht together even then). But getting a bus back was a hot mess. No organization, just a bunch of yelling and pushing.

The employees themselves didn't seem to know much. Most questions were met with "I don't know" or wrong answers. (Where are the showers? When do the buses come? etc., etc.)

Moral of the story - if I did this again I would go without the company and take a RENFE train as the entrance to Tomatina itself is only 10 euro. You could book a place to stay the night before, join in all the pre-parties and after parties, have access to the shower in the place you booked and enjoy Buñol a little bit - it's quite a lovely city and I wish I had more time to explore it.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I was this year's Tomatina and it was all very good. They showed great professionalism. I came from Madrid by bus and everything was perfect. The staff was very friendly and at all times had the necessary attention. This year I want to visit Valencia in Fallas and surely will hire some of their offerings.

Date of experience: August 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

We booked a package for La Tomatina that included return bus trip to and from Valencia, La Tomatina tickets, t-shirt and Sangria/ Paella after the festival. When we arrived in Buñol for the festival we were given a wrist band and told that this was our entry to the festival. We then walked down into the town (about 20 mins) and tried to enter the festival. We were told by security and festival organisers that the wrist band we had been given was for the return bus only and that we should have been given a second wrist band to enter the festival. We were then forced to line up and buy new tickets to enter La Tomatina that cost €15 each. After the festival had ended we went back to our bus to find that all passengers on the bus were in the same situation. The guide said it was nor his fault or responsibility and refused to issue refunds. We never received the t-shirt, sangria or Paella and had to buy new tickets to the festival, all in all we were over €50 out of pocket. DO NOT BOOK WITH SPAINTASTIC!

Date of experience: September 2015