All reviews self catering pool bar old town huge supermarket british bars long weekend safe key min walk ideal location large balcony stayed here for nights pool view lovely hotel half board a lovely stay reception desk hotel room
Reviewed 14 October 2017

stayed for 6 days last week with our 4 frends so we booked 3 rooms.

Upon arrival, the receptionist (Juan) was surly, distracted and anything but welcoming. He was more interested in demanding the 100 Euro deposit against damage than saying 'We hope you have a pleasant stay' or explaining things like meal times, safe key i needed (with deposit) , local facilities, room service etc. As for the room itself: well, that was just as unwelcoming. It felt tired and uncared for. There wasn't even a welcome card or a bottle of water in the fridge to greet weary travellers - the basics that we expect these days on arrival at a 3-star hotel. There was no iron (as advertised), no sterilised glasses in the bathroom (again basic), and no 'Do Not Disturb/Please Clean Me' note for the door. we tried to pay in 3 separate rooms but he would not allow us. so we decided to pay in pounds for all the rooms, again he won't let us do it. in the end i have to pay using my bank card with euro conversion.
after 20minutes of checking in, we have managed to get into our rooms on the 10th floor, the lift can only accomodate 3-4 adults at a time.

upon entering our rooms, we realised you need a safe key, so i have to go down again to fetch it. then he asked for a 13 euro deposit. when i was about to pay it using my card again. he then blatantly told me off "no card"" only cash! so i have to go up again and fetch some cash.

when i got back to give him the cash for the safe, i asked him why has he never mentioned about the safe key and why the check in take so long. he then replied "cos we follow the spanish law!" then turned around and started murmuring in spanish.

Room service was totally hit-and-miss. Although fresh towels were delivered virtually daily (whether they were required or not), fresh bedding arrived shortly after our arrival (and was not made up - just left on the beds) and shortly before our departure. There was no evidence during the two weeks that the room had been swept or mopped or that the toilet/shower/sinks had been disinfected in any way.

So, all in all, our experience of the Primavera Park Hotel was disappointing. While it benefited from a great location and a bright and airy reception area and clean poolside, it left a lot to be desired in terms of both the staff's attitude to hospitality, service and cleanliness and the comfort of and facilities in the rooms.

the food is okay, but nothing sparkling. they don't serve chips during dinner but we asked them to cook chips for us whcih they did for the last 4 nights,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Apartment on the 8 th floor was very clean with a great view. Staff were pleasant and helpful and spoke very good English . Pool area with bar was great. Ideal location to old town and about 10 min walk to new town. Will definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Juliecur
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Having nearly always booked 4 star hotels I was a little apprehensive of going down a grade. It was an extra holiday so decided on a 3 star having a little less budget than my main hols.
The Primavera Park hotel fitted the bill perfectly. The first thing you notice when walking into the reception is the spotless environment everywhere is. I don't think I've seen a hotel so clean, a credit to the cleaners.
A effortless check in soon had us up to our rooms. Reasonable size bedrooms but a rather tight bathroom but still with a full size bath. No individual shampoos and soap but a dispenser on the wall for shampoo and soap, a little awkward when in the bath. I took my own shampoo etc so wasn't a problem for me.
A full size balcony with table and chairs completed our accommodation and once again cleaned daily.
We stayed half board and couldn't fault the food. In fact found the quality of the evening meal was in some cases better than some 4 star establishments although perhaps not quite the amount of choices. Breakfast always had a good choice of cooked items and the chef always on hand if you wanted an omelette. Could have done with another couple of cereal choices.
The pool area and bar wasn't too large but seats and sunbeds always seemed available. The bar had a good choice and reasonable prices for a hotel.
All in all we had a lovely stay at the Primavera Park and will definitely return.

Room tip: The higher rooms had sea views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank paulwainwright
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very modern and clean with friendly staff.
The room was cleaned daily and we had no issues. I ask for a kettles as I had read online that the room has one but we didn't have one. We were given a kettle as I like my tea when I wake up.
The pool was nice but to cold for me and it's a shame that the pool area is not I the sun until around 1pm.
We had half board and the breakfast was great. The evening meals we good but got a bit bland after a few days.
I would stay here again but will only book B and B.

Room tip: As far as I am aware all rooms are similar
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmajh1973
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. The whole hotel, including pool area, is immaculate! Food isnt great, but there was always something we could eat. There was a problem with our room door and we had to move, we were upgraded from half to full board and moved from a room to an apartment which was lovely and had fantastic views. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends