2,755 results
All reviews rooftop bar great location chueca district gay area until noon front desk staff trendy hotel hotel guests deluxe room gran via metro an upgrade breakfast room amazing hotel loved this hotel bars and restaurants central location tapas
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Room Mate Oscar in Madrid was incredible! I have never had such friendly and supportive staff on every level. They made my stay wonderful. I felt supported and they knew me by name and helped with sight seeing, restaurant and travel details - went way beyond expectations. The room was great - clean and roomy and comfortable. The rooftop area and bar was beautiful and very hip and happening. Also the breakfast was GREAT!!! Very complete and plenty of good, fresh food - I never had to eat lunch - it filled me up until dinner time.

Room tip: I preferred a room with a window to the plaza area verses inner courtyard. Upgrading to a larger room was good.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Rubén B, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Rod,

Thank you very much for having trusted Room Mate Óscar and for taking the time to publish your experience.
In Room Mate we work with passion to make our guests feel like in their own home and we are delighted to learn you had such an incredible stay.Words like yours motivate us to keep improving everyday.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed the very confortable and clean room as well as the beautiful rooftop bar and the varied buffet breakfast.
Again, thank you very much for having let us know about your comments, and we invite you to come visit us again very soon, in order to continue surprising you and giving you a great service!

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night in mid-October 2018. I was reading the forums and someone mentioned this hotel, which is how I knew about it.

There is a Starbucks right next to the hotel entrance which opens at 7:30am and a McDonald’s a 5 min walk away which I also believe opens early. Most businesses open late in Madrid.

The hotel is clean and modern, bathroom a little small but room is a good size.
I have no problems with the hotel but it has large lit room numbers, green glass bathroom doors that don’t lock and things of that nature. It’s perfectly fine but I’ll probably look for a more subtle hotel the next time I’m in Madrid.

On a different note, the closest metro station is currently closed but we got off on Chueca and it’s still very close ....but you do have to transfer metros a couple times from the Airport, which is a big deal going up and down stairs if you have luggage with you.

The front desk staff are very helpful. They noticed we came back early after sightseeing and were able to get us checked in a couple hours early.

I specifically wanted to stay at this hotel. On the Amex website, it would only show me availability if I entered 2 adults (instead of 2 adults + 1 child). We brought our 1 year old daughter with us, so they added a €25 charge to our rate, which is perfectly acceptable.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear "jaxfan11",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write sa review about your recent stay at Room Mate Óscarl and for sharing it with the rest of TripAvisor users.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the room and our location. Thank you also for your comments about our team. Be assured that such comments are so motivating for the team. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed the fantastic city of Madrid.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back one day in the near future.

Warm regards,

Rubén Bejarano / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

You can't argue with the location and the view from the rooftop lounge. But prepare to be served by arrogant and condescending waiters. The rooms are ok but pretty plain, especially the bathrooms. A separate toilet, with no washing facilities, and another room with sink and shower, is kind of awkward and even a little unhygienic. Both bathrooms were clean, but most of all they reminded me of public toilets. The beds are pretty comfortable, we slept well. The hallways were a bit to nightmarish for my taste, especially the first floor where you have red walls, dim red light and steel doors. Or maybe they we going for a sex-club vibe, I don't know. The people at the front desk were friendly, but the check-in was pretty a slow and manual process, not what I expected from a such modern-looking hotel. And whatever you do, do not forget anything, because they have a company policy stating you'll have to go back to Madrid to get the items yourself, or arrange for someone to pick it up for you.

So, if you can live with that kind of stuff I guess you should book a room there. I will not do that again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Tarjei,

Thank you very much for trusting in Room Mate Óscar during your last visit to Madrid and thank yoy for your compliments about our location and our beds.

However, we are very sorry to know we did not meet your expectations. I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback about your stay with us, the feedback of our guest help us to improve our services. In room Mate we always work to provide the best service to our guests and in this case we failed.

We would like to apologize for the issue you mentioned about the service, In room Mate we always work to provide the best service to our guests and in this case we failed. we take this situation with the importance it deserves to make sure it does not happen again in the future.

We are sure that we have a Room Mate Hotel perfect for you so we hope to see you again in Room Mate Óscar or in any other Room Mate Hotels.

Best Regards

Rubén Bejarano / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We booked this hotel as part of a long weekend for a friend's 40th birthday. Her husband suggested the location to the rest of our group and I'm so glad he did!

Location-wise, it's most impressive. Central to everything. The hotel itself is in great condition, the rooms are spacious with decent decor and the beds are cofortable. From what I can tell, no two rooms looked the same. It's worth adding the breakfast option as the selection is vast and covers all dietary requirements.

There's also a bar and small pool on the top floor. Even if you don't swim, it's a relaxing place to have drink, listen to some music and watch the sun set.

But most of all, it's the staff who make this a wonderful place to stay. Thank you all for your warm welcome and friendly service.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank gema978
Rubén B, Jefe de Recepción at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Gem, First of all we would like to thank you for your very beautiful comment about your recent stay with us and thank you for having chosen us for such a special day like a birthday! ;) We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed the time at the wonderful terrace, our centric location and the outstanding service providede by all the team here. We are looking forward to seeing you back soon in Madrid. The entire Oscar's team will be waiting for you with our best smile. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently and had a fantastic experience. All of the employees, from the front desk (Jimmy), to the restaurant (Jacobo)), had an instant smile and were happy to do anything to make the guest happy. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rubén B, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed the outstanding service provided by all the team here. With real pleasure I will share your kind words with them.
There is nothing that makes us happier than knowing that our guests leave thinking about when their next visit to our hotel will be.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm greetings