2,978 results
All reviewssilken puertazaha hadidspace ageron aradinteresting hoteljean nouveltop floorglass floordesigner hotelcity centregreat designstar hotelrooftop barmetro stationupon checkclose to the airportshuttle bus
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Each floor is designed by a different, modern, innovative designer making the decor so intriguing and artful. We also enjoyed the rooftop lounge and gorgeous view. We only stayed one night to be near the airport, but found our last night in Spain so interesting by staying at this unique location.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We choose the Hotel Puerta América following a previous visit and reviews on Trip Advisor, this hotel definitely did not disappoint.

Before we arrived I contacted the concierge service to arrange some extras for the room and to book the hotel shuttle, the service was excellent and everything was sorted quickly and efficiently. We had to choose our room in advance due to the extra requests but would certainly recommend doing this as you arrive (via an iPad in Reception) for added wow factor.

When we arrived in Madrid we found an error in the shuttle booking (think this was my fault with the time difference) nevertheless a quick phone call to the hotel and the shuttle returned rather promptly, for reference the pick up point is past the coaches to the left as you exit the airport.

Upon arrival we were blown away by the quality and innovation of the hotel. All of the common spaces are excellent coupled with the quirkiness of the hotel rooms is a great combination. We choose to stay on floor 7 which was excellent other than the slightly less than private toilet facilities with a glass door and large wall mirror, but hey all in the name of design!

We spent 3 nights in this hotel, had breakfast one morning and drank in the hotel bars throughout the days and evenings. We found the service excellent throughout our holiday and staff very keen to assist at all times, they recommend a great local restaurant, found some ice cream when it was a sweltering 37 degrees and pointed us towards a flamenco bar. Would recommend going to the top floor day and night for great views of the city.

This hotel is clearly popular with locals and we found a few private functions being held during our stay, again this added to the atmosphere and the hotel staff were great at managing these functions whilst not disrupting other guests. The bar and facilities are open into the early hours but the hotel floors are extremely quiet at all times.

We spent the weekend exploring the highlights of Madrid and did not spend too much time in the room but we slept well with a fantastic view, air conditioning and comfortable bed. This hotel is 200m from Cartegena Metro station which we used throughout the weekend, equality the local suburb of Prosperidad has local restaurants, shops and feels very safe and friendly. Heading home we were able to check out at 12:00, drop our bags off and spend our final day wandering around the city. We booked the shuttle back to the airport which concluded our experience in Madrid.

Overall we had an excellent stay with this hotel, the staff were excellent, this hotel is well placed in the city and has a definite wow factor. We would certainly recommend this to friends and family, the photos don’t really do it justice...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at the Hotel Puerta America and I must say from checking in to checking out it was a fantastic experience.

I arrived around 22:00 and was greeted by a lovely receptionist (her English was fantastic) she greeted me and showed me the room menu to chose what type of room I wanted. I decided to go for a room on floor 9. After she had checked me in she gave me all the information I needed (breakfast times, bar opening times etc....).

On arrival to my room I was amazed it was clean bright and modern exactly what you expect from a 5* Hotel. The window is controlled by a control pane near the door and the lights have different settings.

The mini bar was stocked with beers wines and soft drinks as well as snacks all I would have added is white wine as there was only red on offer in the mini bar.

The bathroom was spotless and bright and the shower was amazing.

On checkout again I was greeted by a smiling member of staff who checked me out efficiently and gave me my final invoice.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be coming back here again very very soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gareth-Patton
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Definitely recommend this hotel and would go back when next in Madrid.
It’s far enough away from city centre but close enough to be in city centre on the metro in 15-20 mins. So not to noisy.
We stayed on 7th foor of 13. At first the lobby floor smelt like you were in hospital as they had been cleaning with disinfectant but once we entered our room, which we got to choose it was immaculately clean and the view out across the rooftops of Madrid was stunning. See photo!!

Couldn’t fault the room apart from one small thing. The shower is not enclosed which meant water did leak on to the floor making it a bit slippery. However you could avoid this by putting down towels, which they were happy to change daily. Hotel stay very helpful and approachable. They knew it was my birthday and had some chocolates brought to room on day we arrived which was a thoughtful touch.

Reception staff helped us with getting round the city and providing recommendations for metro and places to go.
Free shuttle service too and from the airport was a huge help and big saving so take advantage of this.
Bar and restaurants on hotel provided good food and drink at the price you would expect for 5* hotel.
We ate at the observatory restaurant on the 13th floor the first night and the lamb dish was delicious. A bit pricy for the portions served up but again good value. You really are paying again for the spectacular view over Madrid. Great place to watch sunset and have a meal.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018

There is a lot to like about this hotel, but for us none of it was to do with the hotel being quirky or funky. We loved the excellent breakfast, the good food at the Karrara terrace restaurant, the comfortable bed, the quiet and efficient aircon, powerful shower, and the staff, especially Sergio and the team on reception, at Karrara, and the breakfast staff who were so helpful and proactive.

Not so good: on arrival you can choose a room, but we only had a choice of three, none of which we would have chosen - we took Richard Gluckman (pale blue acrylic) but found the remote for the blinds/awning/window etc didn't work, and the bathroom had glass walls which gave me the heebie jeebies. We moved to Norman Foster (leather - pictures can't be hung so they stand on the long shelf that runs the length of the room ) where we struggled with working the lights, basically it's open plan bedroom/bathroom so the basin (turn on the tap and everything gets soaked) is next to the TV.
There is no airport shuttle from 10 to 4 and no city shuttle - we went regularly out from Cartagena, the nearest metro stop, and though the metro is excellent, every trip we did needed three lines.
The rooms are becoming a little tired around the edges and too much is for appearance rather than practicality - like no privacy in bathrooms, a tiny wobbly towel stand, impractical lights like the glaring bedside lights, confusing controls, and though the shower was great, what about hair washing? The safe is right down on the floor while there are shelves too high to use.
Rather than quirkiness, how about free water, flannels and proper box of tissues rather than a pack of three...

Probably the suites are more stunning. The photos of the rooms look lovely, it's very good photography - but perhaps a floor plan as well might be a good idea.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple