1,070 results
All reviewsopera metro stationroyal palaceopera houselas meninasquiet streetplaza mayorjunior suitegreat locationsister hotelside streetpuerta del solsmall roomwithin walking distancefront desk staffnatural lightsmall hotelbreakfast was included
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Just a reminder for North American tourists, a balcony in Madrid means 1X4 space. Not enough for any chairs or relaxation, the staff is well mannered and ciurteous. The street is calm at night (for Madrid anyways).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daniel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Charles,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Meninas Hotel. We thank you for sharing your kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

First off....great location. Warm greeting from Noelia. She was very helpful and took my bag and held it on back since it was too early to check in. Lobby not much of anything but you don’t stay in the lobby anyway but it looked beat and not a place you would want to relax. I checked in and was put in a room without working air conditioning. Very stuffy and tiny room. I was so tired and all I wanted to do was sleep on jetlag and this room was warm with no ventilation. Very disappointing. I went to the front desk and told them of my issue and Noelia changed my room to an awesome one. It was a junior suite and definitely an upgrade in quality. It was large and clean and I would have stayed another night if it was available. I appreciate the change of room but they shouldn’t give any guest a room like that with no ac and no circulation due to the way it was on the back of the hotel. They did admit they knew some rooms were having issues with the ac. I stayed in 104 it was awesome. Noelia was very friendly. I appreciated her taking care of my situation. Breakfast was in a nice clean room. It was included so I appreciated that.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Daniel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking moment of your valuable time to express your opinion about our Meninas Hotel during your recent stay. We appreciate your kindness towards Noelia, words like yours inspire all of our employees to give their best every day.

Thank you very much for helping us improving by commenting on your experience with us and I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and better match your expectations this time.

The entire Meninas Hotel team looks forward to welcoming you back in a near future!

Best regards!!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The hotel is ideally located, near the underground but also within walking distance of most of the sights. The staff was extremely helpful and provided us with excellent restaurant recommendations, even making the reservations for us. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The room was not very big, but for the 2 days we stayed not a problem.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daniel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Ilona,

I would like to thank you for your great comment about our Hotel and services, thank you for sharing with the other travellers.
It is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is most inspiring for all of our staff to get this.

We all look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We just got back from our trip to Madrid and enjoyed our stay at Hotel Meninas, It's a small, boutique hotel, but the rooms are good sized and have nice amenities. The hotel is a short walk away from the Opera stop on Madrid's Metro and it was easy to get there from the airport, although you do have to change lines twice on the Metro. The hotel is also a quick walk to the Palacio Real, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and other destinations. The area around the hotel is quiet and safe, we were out late a few nights and felt very safe walking back to the hotel. It's also located right across the street from a great grocery store with excellent prices. If you're looking for a cab they are also usually located right at the end of the street as you walk towards the opera stop, probably a two minute walk at most. We had breakfast at the hotel a couple of times and they had a number of good items include eggs, tortilla, a variety of bread and pastries, juices, yogurt, teas, meats, and cheeses. It was a good value for the 9.50 euros, but we didn't get it for free with our rooms since we booked through a third party site. Overall, the staff was very helpful and kind. They brought an iron right to my room when I requested it and left robes and slippers in our room. The room was also nicely appointed with shampoo, soap, razors, combs, tissues, shoe polish, and even a complimentary shoe horn. The one thing that needed improvement was the hair dryer. I typically don't bring my own hair dryer since the differences in wattage usually cause problems, but the hair dryer at Hotel Meninas was probably the worst hotel hairdryer I had ever used. It would automatically shut off after using it for about a minute and then I would have to wait 15 minutes until it reset. It usually took about three cycles of this to get my hair dry enough for the day. I would recommend that they buy some decent hair dryers and replace them, especially since people traveling from other countries cannot just bring their own hair dryers with the wattage difference. The hotel also has an elevator to bring your bags up to the room and I was pleasantly surprised with both the size of the room and the size of the bathroom. We even had a king size bed! Despite all of the positives, the TV had a horrible TV selection, so don't plan on staying in and watching TV :) Overall, it's a great little hotel with excellent location for your trip to Madrid.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Rachel L
Daniel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Meninas Hotel. We are day by day working to make our guest stay a very enjoyable one. We sincerely apologise the inconveniences about the hair dryer and TV channels you faced during your stay, we will transmit your opinion to our staff and we will try to improve our service.

We hope to welcome you back again in our house in a nearer future!!

Kind from all the team!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Recently stayed at this hotel for a few nights when in Madrid. The best thing about this hotel is the location, less than 5 minutes walk from the hop on/hop off tour buses, 5 - 10 mins walk to Puerto del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Royal Palace and Cathedral. The hotel is a little shabby in places and have to agree with a previous reviewer a little threadbare in places. Housekeeping is okay but again like another reviewer has said dirty glasses were not taken away and replaced with clean ones. I agree with a previous reviewer the buffet breakfast is adequate it is not overwhelming. They run out of the basics early such as bread, yoghurts, croissants and orange juice. Looking at the hotel pictures on their website these are more flattering than what you get. The wifi is okay but at times the signal wasn’t good and at times we lost the wifi totally. We wouldn’t stay again if in Madrid.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Daniel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that our Hotel did not meet your expectations.
We will include your comments in our future plannings and we will try to improve the impression we gave to you if you give us a chance in the future.

Best regards,