“Very friendly ,excellent food”

Passaparola Trattoria&Pizzeria
Ranked #389 of 12,566 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 1 week in madrid.
We also use tripadvisor to find some goodrestaurants.
We found this pizzeria and we would give it a try.

Taking the metro we arrived too early (20;00) and almost at the wrong restaurant because there are two restaurants nex to each other but the third one is about 100m further.
The people who worked there are very friendly and the waitress also speaks english.
They give you a very warm welcome.

We have a salade,main course and desert and a drink for 13.50 euro each.
This is a unbelievable price and the quality of the food is very very good and it's too much.
Go out of the city centre with the metro and eat between the local people.
The metro brings you every where.
So it brings us to Italy in Madrid.
If this restaurant will continue the quality and warm hospitality I'll say it's a hidden treasure in Madrid.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Once again TripAdvisor came through for us to a place we would have never found otherwise in a million years. The place is a little out of the way, although it is pretty easily accessible from the 5 line at the Empalme stop. You walk across a little playground area, down the street a block or so, take a right past a few other restaurants and it is located a few places down on the right. There is another Italian restaurant before this one that we almost went to, so make sure you are going to the right one. The place was full when we arrived, but were told we could have a table in 5 minutes. We waited, and were greeted by an extremely friendly waitress who did her best to explain things to us in English for what we couldn't understand in Spanish, she even asked the others in the restaurant once for help on one item. She was great. We had a 3 and 5 year old with us as well, and she was great to our boys as well.

Without awesome food though, this would have mattered only a little. The menu of the day for 10 euros was INCREDIBLE. The amount of food, quality of the food...starter, main, dessert, drink...wow. They were very interested in how we found them coming from the USA, and went well out of their way to take care of us. In the tourist areas you can easily spend 25+ for this same amount of food and it won't be nearly as good.

We will come back again for sure if we happen to be in the area again.

1  Thank scooterpie77
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I felt like I was in Italy again.
Having lived in Italy for a while and tried some of the best regional Italian food, I was disappointed with the quality of Italian restaurants in Madrid.
Their €10 Menu del Dia was just mind blowing, I would have happily paid €25 for that. The staff were so friendly and fun and the food was quick to reach the table. I am definitely making this place as my regular.

1  Thank basilk
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

What a great restaurant....I've been to Madrid on several occasions and I always go to an Italian restaurant...but this one has been just wonderful!!!
The food was absolutely delicious as could be (had some pasta, pizza and calzone) and the service could not have been better - such nice staff... I'll definitely be back and bring along some friends to enjoy the best Italian restaurant in Madrid!!!! :)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I used to live near this place and I went all the time because it was incredible. The food is great -- a wide variety of options, well-prepared with great flavors. The prices are reasonable, especially the menú del día on weekdays at lunch (I believe it's 10 euros and the portion sizes are big). The environment is very nice but not stuffy, fairly quiet with friendly and knowledgeable Italian staff. During the warmer months their terrace is also nice. I wish they could open a branch where I live now!

1  Thank Kayla H