All reviewsbarrio salamancainside patiobar closesgreat locationla castellanathe entire hotelbreakfast buffetretiro parkbusiness tripbed was very comfortablerooms are cleanvery nice hotelwithin walking distanceneighborhoodnoiseacsupermarket
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault the hotel it’s centrally located, the rooms are clean, staff friendly and there is a gym - what puts it up to 5 stars is the bar restaurant in it - La Ventana - the food is stunning - it’s only been open a week but the croquette with sheep cheese and sun dried tomatoes were excellent and the steak tartare was off the scale - can’t remember anything that I have eaten for 10 years that was better and that includes my wife’s French Onion Soup and my Mums Hot Pot

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
CristinaGlezGallego, Gerente at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Philip;

Thank you very much for taking a few minutes to review the NH Lagasca hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed dinner in La Ventana,
The main aim of the team is to offer memorable stays to our guests, and we are very happy to know when we achieve it.

We would love to welcome you again in your next trip to Madrid and remain at your entire disposal for anything you may need.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2018

This hotel was located in good location and was the primary reason I selected it. This was my second experience with this hotel chain, and I will not stay at another one of their properties. The value was extremely low when compared to a Marriott or Hilton hotel family of hotels. For example, they did not have coffee available in either the lobby or in the rooms. An iron and ironing board was not in the room and requested they gave me an iron that was broken. The top of the iron was missing and would not get hot. When I returned the iron to the front desk they acted as if I was unconvincing them. I was not made to feel welcomed as a guest.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gatlinsonthehill
CristinaGlezGallego, Gerente at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Mr. Gatlin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel online. We are glad you had a good experience during the check in and check out time.

We would like to highlights that we have complimentary coffee and tea self-service bar in the lobby for all customer who want to take it. Besides, all superior rooms in the hotel have coffee machine. Also, now we have a new bar in the hotel which is open since the breakfast buffet closes at 11am, until midnight.

In the other hand, We would like to inform you that the hotel have laundry service. The iron and iron board is an extra service that we can offer to our guest that want to enjoy to a free of charge ironing service. I would like to apologize about the iron we lend you, which had the water-vapor cap broken. Thank you for telling us. We solved the problem as soon as you made us realize about it. It is a pity we did not realized in advance to be able to lend you another one in perfect conditions.

We hope to have the opportunity to make amends on your next stay with us.

Please do not hesitate on contacting me to take care personally about your stay.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I have stay previously on many NH hotels around the world with excellent reviews. So it was no surprise We chose this property on the trendy Salamanca neighborhood in Madrid. It was well recommended on Trip advisor. We made the reservation through Hotel.com ( expedia) web page, as we do most of the time we travel. The superior room was advertised with a more spacious area AND a balcony and the price was more than the standard room. We wanted the room because of the extra balcony and pre paid the room. When we arrived we were given a room without a balcony in a lower floor., without any outside window. We called the manager for an explanation. The answer was ( with an annoying smile in his face ) that it was a Hotel. com mistake ( Not them), and there were not any other room with a balcony to offer us. I asked for a refund of the difference in rate from the standard room and was denied. I told the manager that this was unfair and that it seems like a scam charging for something and giving another!
Again, with same friendly smile he blamed expedia and hotel.com for the published offer ( as they are not aware of what is published on its behave). As a frecuent and seasoned traveler I was not letting them get away with the extra rate charge and I solicited Hotel.com help. Only with their intervention they decided to cancel my reservation “free of charge”, as they still insisted on charging me more for the room without balcony !
We left for another nearby hotel , carrying our luggage down the street, as we were not offered any help. This NH Lagasta managing team should be ashame of this incident and the way they are doing business. With many good choices in the Salamanca area, I strongly recommend travelers to look for other most reliable and honest hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJFRAGAPR
CristinaGlezGallego, Gerente at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to apologize about your unfortunate experience in Madrid with your reservation.

What we tried to explain you was that the information in the website where you made the reservation it was not the correct one. It was not a scam, it was just a mistake that the travel agency recognized to you, reason why they gave you a complimentary night in another hotel as they could not offer you a room with these characteristics that you were asking for between us.

Once again we are so sorry to be in the middle of this unpleasant situation and we hope you were able to have a wonderful stay in Madrid in spite of this experience.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Excellent staff! Very friendly and ready to help as needed.Great location, close to the most landmarks of the city. The rooms where big enough and only the bathroom needed some updates but other than that it is a very nice Hotel. Will definitely return when possible.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Very convenient, with metro close and within walking distance from many areas such as Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Cibeles, etc. Rooms have a very nice size, and the restrooms are clean and comfortable. Great staff.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family