Private Madrid Museum Tours
Review Highlights
Wonderful !

We toured the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza and Sorolla Museums with Hernan and felt art come alive... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
daviddE1558WF
Inspiring guided tours of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum & Prado

This was my fourth visit to Madrid with my husband and son. We had already visited both... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2021
188GMaria
Athens, Greece

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from US$176.54
from US$547.74
from US$59.00
from US$57.82
More Info
All reviews hernan satt art historian day tour spanish artists toledo guide history avila goya
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2019

My wife and I were fortunate to have partaken in a private tour of Toledo and the Prado with Hernan Satt. Mr. Satt expertly guided us around the enchanting area of Toledo. He provided us with the essentials on the history of the area going back to the Roman occupation. With his experience he was able to lead us in and out of the most important and visually compelling points of interest before large groups of tourists descended by knowing when to go and purchasing admissions in advance. In each location, being an art historian, he was able to provide us extraordinary insights that we would not have received had he not been with us. We had a similar experience at the Prado. He was able to focus on key pieces from the collection, and provide us in a relatively short period of time with a good appreciation of the background and genius of key Spanish artists such as Velasquez, Goya, El Greco, and last but not least Ribera. All in all a very special, by a very special guide!

1  Thank WBU7
Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

Thank you Irina for a wonderful morning discovering the wonders of modern art at the Reina Sophia in Madrid. Your warm personality & depth of knowledge about Spanish art & history really diminished the confusion my husband & I have had when viewing modern art previously. We can look at Picasso, Dali & Gris (among many others) and appreciate the artists, their lives and the historical events occurring at the time which influenced the art itself. I cannot recommend this opportunity more. For anyone interested in these private tours, be aware that tickets are not included. I thought the tour would be over because of our lack of tickets. Thankfully, Irina obtained 2 tickets for us(our cost). Don’t risk ticket sell out. Secure your entry at the time you book this tour.

Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

Excellent private tour of the Prada museum! Irina, the tour guide we had the previous day(excellent) was ill but rather than cancel our tour, the owner of Madrid Museum Tours gave us our private Prada tour. He had company issues to deal with, but that did not deter him from giving us a personalized, interesting, fun and interactive experience. Thank you from both myself and my husband! I have no doubt that the understanding of Spanish art/artist/history we developed in just 3 hours far exceeded anything experienced by any other museum visitors. I cannot recommend this tour enough. For anyone reading this review, the price doesn’t include admission. Both days our guide kindly obtained tickets at the box office. Do secure tickets prior to the tour, it’ll save any worry about ticket availability.

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Perfect! Our guide Irina presented a well curated and fascinating story of the complex history of Spain and Spanish painting. The tour was comprehensive yet fun and informative. 2.5 hours flew by and we could have - and really wanted to - stay longer. Beautiful museum that doesn’t overwhelm. Highly recommend Madrid Museum Tours and will book them again for our next visit to this wonderful city.

Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

Four of us had a wonderful time touring the highlights of the Prado with Irina. She has a background in art history and was also very well versed in political history which added to our understanding of the paintings. She was warm, engaging, and worth every penny! Highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Tracy Z