All reviews beautiful art deco building usb outlets main places wonderful property rooftop bar staying nights stylish rooms major tourist walking distance rainfall shower on foot front desk staff visited this hotel perfect location the heart of the city enjoy madrid shopping street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hyatt Centric Madrid it's a very cool hotel where to stay, directly on the Gran Via, close to all main attractions of the city. The building is stylish and service is offered by a smart and good looking staff ! We had a dinner in the restaurant Carbon where we have appreciated quality and taste at right price. I really recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cristina S, Director General at Hyatt Centric Gran Via Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello fabioseventravel,

Thank you very much for your comment and choose Hyatt Centric Gran Via Madrid during your stay in the city.
We are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory, but above all, thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us.
We hope to see you again in the future and continue exploring the city together.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the first time my wife and I stay at the Hyatt Centric, Grand Via, Madrid. It is more family oriented but not less in anyway compared to regular Hyatt we are accustomed to, explains the check-in staff. Although not as grand as the regular Hyatt everything in this Hyatt Centric says 5-star! While waiting for our room we relax with a couple of Gin and Tonics and complimentary hors d'œuvre . I have to say it is one of the best gin and tonics I had in Europe!
We have booked a regular guest room and it is quite spacious, modern and spotless. Breakfast buffet (extra) is worth every Euro and the service is top class too. The hotel is right in the heart of Madrid with easy access to all good eats and local attraction. Check with the hotel front desk staff for restaurants listing around the hotel…they never disappoint us!
On our last day in Madrid t, after we return to our room from dinner we receive a notification from hotel regarding power interruption between 0300h and 0500h due to public work maintenance. I am a bit perturbed for this really short notice as we have only left the room at 1500h and this notice must have come after we leave. I explain to Ms Elena Vazquez, the assistant Front Office Manager, that my CPAP machine won't work without power and have an international flight to catch at 0900h, therefore, I am in a dire position. After exhausting her resources, she offers limo transfer to another 5-star hotel for the night plus limo transfer to the airport from this hotel all on Hyatt’s tab. We decline her generous offer because we are tired and just want to pack and rest up. I just want to express my appreciation to Ms. Vazquez for her excellent customer service and problem solving ability!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cristina S, Director General at Hyatt Centric Gran Via Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Benny K,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I absolutely agree that our team is fantastic, highly passionate and dedicated!

I will share your comments with the entire team, especially with Elena.

I hope to receive your visit very soon again and offer you a even better new experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Centric. The ambience is modern, European, and its location puts you at the heart of Madrid. The staff is responsive and helpful. Walking to so many great Madrid sites is easy, and the nearest metro stop is steps away the hotel. If you are a fan of La Liga, the Real store is on the ground floor, and the Athletico store is a block away. I will return again and often when I'm in Madrid.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Voyager49863812706,

I am glad to know that the location of the hotel has allowed you to explore all corners of Madrid.

It is always our best intention to assist our Guests’ needs at any time in the most demanding, professional and personalized way.

I hope see you soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful visit, beautiful property. Room was comfortable, roomy and exceeded expectations. Lovely lounge, excellent staff. Responsive, knowledgeable and gracious. Perfect location, close to everything Madrid.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Inspire 758933,

Thank you very much for your great review! I'm very pleased to know everything was perfect and you had a lovely time with all of us.

We hope to receive your visit very soon again and offer you a even better new experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Positives first. We stayed four nights, ate at the hotel restaurant twice and had drinks at the lobby bar once. All good. Rooms are spacious and well furnished. Hotel staff are pleasant and professional and will genuinely care about you. We had a problem with laundry service and the front desk manager resolved it. He and staff followed up and apologized as did the general manager with that and another problem that arose at the same time.

Unfortunately, the negatives are enough that I would not recommend staying here. Something is not working as it should and the hotel does not provide good customer service. They care but they can’t deliver, in our case over and over again. Try to find the reception desk - it’s in a back corner hidden behind the elevator Hyatt decided to plunk in the middle of the lobby. Try to find a doorman. Try to get someone to pick up on any of the extensions listed n the guest room phones. It won’t happen. Front desk staff seem to do everything, so guests spend a lot of time waiting. Buyer beware, if you decide to stay here understand that this is not the luxury hotel its 5 star rating and Hyatt Category 4 status would imply. They are trying but they have a long way to go.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 862carolinef

Dear Caroline,

One more time, thank you so much for your constructive comments, are really important make us improve day by day.

Thank you.