All reviews mini market washing machine free bikes vento restaurant sea view small kitchen road train living room self catering apartment main pool good size pool attendant junior suite hotel facilities town centre great apartment great holiday
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Well we have a beautiful room 402 , balcony views were spectacular can not fault at all on that. But we arrived yesterday to no AC. Apparently it's winter here and they have turned it off in the entire hotel. There was no mention of this on the website for this time of year - October. Our room was outrageously warm and there was nothing to apologise to us or a fan offered to us at all. It's absolutely ridiculous we should have been told about this before we came as it's earlier than normal this year for them to turn off the a.c. we are thinking of moving hotels it is so hot, especially through the night

Huge disappointment

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We are just back from a week's holiday in Sitges and the Sunway Playa Golf & Spa. Everything was 1st Class - We loved our studio 429, spacious, well equipped, comfortable with a quirky triangular balcony where we had a pool view, a mountain view AND a sea view! - Quite a distance from the town centre but only 30mins walk at a leisurely pace plus the Mini-Train was great if you didn't want to walk - Breakfast was great too - wide and varied choices including, for those that wanted it, Cava, Smoked Salmon, Chocolate Fountain, - would stay again and have no hesitation recommending the Sunway to others.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in sunway golf playa for 8 nights. Room was really big. We stayed with our 16 year old son and we had plenty of room. Buffet breakfast was well worth the extra. Rooms cleaned every day. 2 pools. One of pools only gets sun in the morning. Great beaches only about a five min walk away. Free use of bikes during stay and its only a fifteen min very easy cycle to the restraunts and bars. I have mobility and breathing issues and I was able to do it.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I’m sorry to say that I stayed at this hotel two years ago and the same issues I faced on this trip were not dissimilar to the ones I encountered this time. Paint this picture in a colour that you think will express dissatisfaction. I choose maroon; I’m a wheelchair user, using a standard manual wheelchair.

Firstly, my friend and I were placed in a room that had a bath, we went to reception and they corrected that promptly why am I mentioning that you might say, because it should not have happened in the first place.

Secondly, in the room the contents were higher than a wheelchair user could reach, this included pots, pans, cups, microwave and the plates making a meal almost nigh impossible, if I did not have my friend with me then I would not be able to cook. The towels in the bathroom was also placed far too high.

I did mention those issues to the receptionist that was on duty two years ago and I did the same this year, it seems as if my words mightn’t fall on deaf ears as communication has been flowing.

Let’s pray, wish and hope for an improved hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We stayed for a week for a family break in Aug 2018 with my wife and 6 year old son. It was a lovely hotel, right at the far end of the main drag. As a result it was very quiet, even during the Saints Festival! The only downside is that it is quite a walk into town. There is a little train/bus that runs all the time but you do sometimes have to wait for it for up to 30 mins. The hotel also lend you bikes which was ok for us adults but not great for the little ones.

OK, so onto the hotel itself. It was beautifully clean, had two lovely pools and the apartment was more than large enough for the three of us. I would describe it as "quiet" and "classy". There were kids around but they were all well behaved. The bed was comfy and the view from the generous balcony was stunning. I could just sit there all day long looking over the sea and the pool.

The amenities were mixed there is a supermarket just below the hotel which was great but nowhere really to get drinks or coffees by the pools themselves. The three restaurants there are dire, and this is another problem with the location, there aren't any nearby restaurants - you have to go into town. Again not a problem but worth thinking about if you have younger kids who go to bed early.

The beach is just outside. It's nothing special but nothing around this area really is. You don't go to Sitges for golden sands. It's clean and friendly and pleasant but rocky in places and a bit "brown" for my particular liking.

This review might sound negative but it isn't meant to be. I had a really lovely stay. We loved the quiet, not-in-your-face atmosphere, We loved the room and the view, We loved both pools. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the cleaners were excellent. The location had it's pluses and minuses. I would definitely go back for a very chilled stay in a very happening town (as a veggie the food in Sitges is fantastic!)

Room tip: We were on the third floor with views of pool and beach and it was stunning
Date of stay: August 2018