1,028 results
All reviews one star air con pastries train station ceiling fan pool area rooms are basic breakfast room cold meats double glazing hot food central location cleaned every day cleaned daily reception staff are nice pool small balcony
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I had only ever been inside el cid when friends stayed before and I stayed elsewhere so kinda knew what I was expecting. It was better.

The hotel is on a quiet street a great location as it's very close to the bars and just a short walk from the train station and bus station.

There seems to have been a degree of modernisation and the bathrooms have been replaced with new modern suites and there is now a fridge in the room.

The aircon is a godsend for me and kept us perfectly cool at night. The hotel is kept very clean, rooms are made every day.

There were insufficient sun beds around the pool and when someone in our group asked for extra a couple more arrived but there were only 11 for the whole hotel. There is very little shade around the pool.

Breakfast was always ok, plenty of pastries and cheese and cooked meats. The cooked breakfast was a bit poor I had a sausage on day 1 and never went back for more. And seemed to run low from 11am onwards.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, it is greatly appreciated.
We're also pleased that your holiday in our beautiful country went so well and we were happy to be able to contribute to that.
Thank you for your company and we would love to see you return sometime.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

cosy, clean, centrally located, good breakfast, good swimming-pool, quiet on the san josé side, friendly perrsonnel----unfortunately many guests don`t shower before using the pool. A big sign `shower mandartory before entering the pool` would be appreciated. Also many guests occupy the pool-beds and any seats in the pool area before going for breakfast, leaving the chairs empty but occupied by towels for a long time . Again a bigger sign, posted in the pool area, asking the guests not to do this would be - hopefully- useful

Room tip: double single use with balcony
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Fabio L
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor, it's certainly appreciated! We really enjoyed have you to stay with us and hope you can return so time in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Just a thank you for another lovely stay. Hotel as always was clean and tidy. Lovely staff and nice breakfast, big shout out to the lady that works breakfast. Could do with a few more loungers round the pool but the beach isn't to far away. See you next year.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank B729BEandys
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.
Take care and we hope to see you next year you’re in Sitges.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I was booked into this hotel as part of a group of friends we came to Sitges for a long weekend and was booked by someone else in that group. I had previously seen this hotel when i had holidayed in Sitges before and was impressed with the location which was great for the train station and near enough to the proximity of the beaches and the gorgeous little town centre . My over all impression is that this is a great wee hotel ok it's 1* and it is what it is . It is spotlessly clean and the breakfast was amazing (I have had worse at a 4* hotel in Spain before). The staff in the hotel were polite and friendly. I had a single occupancy room. It was on the first floor to the back the view was grim with very little natural light and so close to other room windows meaning you had no privacy and couldn't open the curtains to allow the very little natural light that was available in which i found quite depressing but i only used if to sleep in and get ready was only a short break had i been staying any longer. I did ask to be moved but the hotel was fully booked so they couldn't accommodate me The toilet was small but again spotless with plenty clean towels changed daily and a nice powerful shower. There was a fridge in the room and there is a huge supermarket nearby so that was a plus. The pool area is small and short of furniture but we all went to the beach anyway. All in all it was great value for money and i would stay here again but just for a short break. Ideal for a family on a budget that are going to be out all day exploring what the wonderful Catalonia has to offer.

Room tip: Single rooms (I was in 107 ) are dark with no view with no hairdryers or irons in the room you have to ask at desk they has none when i did.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Again,lLived up to expectations of previous visit - please see my review of El Cid - September 2016.

Top value with friendly service.

Makes multiple visit to Sitges (from UK) a possibility.

My wife and I have another booking later in the summer.

Room tip: We like the attic/pool rooms. Good size balcony with sun beds.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Take care and we hope to see you next time you’re in Sitges.