“Amazing Japanese food!”
Review of Yoi Yoi Gion

Yoi Yoi Gion
Reserve with
Yoi Yoi Gion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,325 of 11,121 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend and we forgot that most restaurants would open at 20:00. We were there at 18:00 so we had to wait but it was well worth it. He had the Yaki Udon with beef, I had the Gyudon with egg and we both shared the Gyoza and Edamame. The udon and the gyudon were amazing! Great Japanese comfort food and we definitely recommend trying these dishes. The gyoza and edamama were ok, nothing too special. Overall worth trying if you're in Barcelona!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

In the top of P. De Gracia Yoi Yoi Gion offers average good oden, ramen and mochis.

The local is white, wide and airy.
The staff is too slow.
The menu is wide. Good but a bit expensive. A main course, a glass of wine and a mochi to share...20 eur.

Go and decide but focused on this range of restaurant for this price you can enjoy also a good japanese meal for 12 or 15.-eur.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Udons are very good and you can “personalize” them with many combinations. Gyoza are just bad.

It was all fun until around 23 (not late in Spain) they decided to keep the door of the restaurant open. In winter. To force us to leave? I wanted a coffee to finish the dinner I didn’t order just because I was too cold and we, alongside the other tables, finally left because of it.

Horrible experience. I can’t recommend it.

1  Thank Xavier B
Reviewed 4 December 2017

A Japanese restaurant specialising in ramen and donburi. We had the lunch menu which was tasty but not particularly exciting. I think it’s an okay place for lunch but perhaps I would not choose it for an evening meal. Service is quite slow to be honest and not overly friendly. The decor is rather spartan and could do with a little more thought.

Overall I think I would give it another try as I only had the set lunch menu and I'm curious to try the other options available.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious food but terribly slow service .... also black hair found in our Udon........ also bare in mind your clothes and hair will smell just like the food they make here extremely strong ! All our colleagues told us we smell bad.