All reviews cheap supermarket dorm room metro station the staff were extremely helpful late at night rooms are clean air conditioning lockers hostel netflix bathroom location triumph facilities fridge computers
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The location is not bad, and the hostel is clean and safe. But the reception is not open 24 hours, and the guests can not drink any alcohol type inside. Also, the automatic lighting system is not good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2017

On Saturday 19/08/17 I received a message through booking.com from this property. They gave me lots of info and also wanted to know my arrival time as they do not have reception 24Hrs and they charge 10Euro extra after 10 pm check-ins. To this message, I replied: My flight arrives at 21:35 and I will make my way to the hostel straight away but not sure how long it normally takes. And then I asked what was the best way to reach the property.

In response, they gave me a few options on how to get there. I arrived at 22:20 and a big sign was on the wall saying that they canceled my booking as I didn't say anything about the time. I managed to connect to the Wifi of the property, they I saw they sent me a message on WhatsApp at 20:00 (I was already flying) asking me about the time again.. Anyway so I called this number only to find out the phone was in the reception, pointless.

Anyway so I was exhausted and I went downstairs to think about what I was going to do. So I met awesome people and we stayed till 6am talking outside. Then I went upstairs with them and I laid down on the couch to sleep a bit. At 7am one of the stuff asked me, rudely, what was I doing there. I explained and he says: "well, if we canceled your booking then you can't be here! so you need to leave and come back at 10am when I start working" I said that surely he can see how they made a mistake and that instead of kicking me out he should really be helping me out. He said that to see if I was right he would have to see the messages on Booking.com but he could only do that after 10am couldn't believe this, and he literally escorted me out.

What a shame that people show this little care when they work in the hospitality industry. The fact that he wouldn't even care about me really disappointed me. And he even charged me for 3 nights, I paid as I was so tired and really didn't want to argue with someone I have so little respect for, especially when I know that I will never get anywhere if I said something..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Very close to Arc de Thioumf, walking distance to Barceloneta, night clubs, Marina, Sagrada Famillia and Casa Batlò. Great location! There is a super cheap supermarket closeby too. The rooms are clean and have air conditioning. Kitchen and bathrooms are clean. This is not a party hostel, it is a chill out hostel.

Room Tip: All of them are great.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The sofas were damp, floors dirty, overpriced, no atmosphere. The kitchen was disgusting, they cam way too many people into the rooms and charge you for check in after 10pm even though all they do is leave your key in a box!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SophieO870
ArcHouse, Director General at Arc House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hello Sophie, thanks for your opinion but things that are you saying are not true.
You booked a room for 6 people and that you get. All the info about the check in time was in the web were you make your reservation. And the extra cost to make a late check in. We send you 2 mails with all the info so you have 3 time the opportunity to read it. And the price you check it before to make the booking. So everything was clear, an less that you did not read anything. Next time before make a booking read all the info about the place, if you do not know read, please ask for help.

Best wishes
Arc House Team

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The room was nice and had air conditioning. The common room was nice and had Netflix so we could wait there because we arrived early. The location was walking distance to nearly everything so it was overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends