“Local restaurant fresh food big portions”
Review of Jai-Ca

Jai-Ca
Ranked #826 of 11,041 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Description: Abierto el uno de Julio del 1955, este año cumplimos sesenta y dos años, y mantenemos la ilusión y las ganas de hacerlo bien que nos inculcaron nuestros ancestros. Somos dos locales, uno al lado del otro, Ginebra,7-9 y Ginebra,13. en los dos tenemos la misma carta y estilo.Gracias,salut.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Patate jai ca was served with a magnifique sauce, sausages with cheese, calamari, squid, merluzzo, la sangria where all delicious..
my friends will be greateful to me for many many years

1  Thank AnginehK1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We came early - around 07.30 pm, which was good. We had no problem to get a table and we got well served. The place is rustic and feels genuine. The food was very good. Some of the tapas you could order in half portions which was great. We tried anchovy in vineagar, razorshells, cockles, andalusian squid the jai-ca potatoes.

1  Thank Anna-Karin B
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I tried the house beer and was really nice, but the vermouth is amazing.
I am not a bit fun of selfish but here it was really good. I can recommend everything, the tortillas as huge and tasty.
Bear in mind that is a small place and it might get full quickly.
They have a toilet.
Easy going staff.
Small tables.
Is a bit more expensive (similar to La Boqueria) but win-win situation when comparing, taste, texture, quality of food and price.
Everytime I go to Barcelona I have to go there :D

1  Thank Ana B
Reviewed 20 April 2018

One of the most defining feature of this place is the way you are received. When I was there with my 2 friends the space was full of clients and, even like this , the waiters were always kind, quily and very funny to anyone. It was not only a good food experience, but also a very pleasant hour.
They gave us advices about the best "tapas" and tried to find the best ones to our tastes. I highly recommended.

1  Thank Marisa L
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Understated, food is fresh..authentic. great service with friendly attwntive staff. Reasonable too. Bravo we will be back tomorrow

1  Thank lucharmorg