“Best Full Fine Dinner in Barcelona”

Restaurant Pau Claris 190
Reserve with
Restaurant Pau Claris 190 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 11,107 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$45 - US$136
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: The Restaurant Pau Claris 190 was born in the heart of Barcelona with the help of our families and grew with the positive energy of our friends and clients. We are inspired by our love of food and the pride of dedicating ourselves to our passion. We select the best seasonal products for your tastebuds´ enjoyment. We prepare our food in a distinct manner, savoring the moment. We dedicate the necessary time so you can enjoy the authentic flavors of our dishes. We welcome you to our home. Lizbeth & Raphael
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant's website states it offers a gastronomic experience. On my visit, it delivered with by far and away my best fine dining full-dinner experience during a week stay in Barcelona. Although the restaurant is small, it's a most comfortable bistro atmosphere. And the dinner I had -- including succulent tenderloin and a delicious tarta mutti for dessert -- was amazingly enjoyable and, all things considered, reasonably priced and of great value. On top of that, the chef-owner and his wife-waitress were very friendly, without any pretensions, and I felt as if I was welcomed by them into their extended home.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This small restaurant displays a casual elegance, yet quaint familiarity that was simply wonderful.
Raphael, the Chef greeted us, and his wife, Elizabeth waited on us and the execution, food and drink were precise.
We sipped on delicious wine, melded cheese and meat, then moved to Scallops and a Blood sausage, switching back between white and red... spectacular.
Then for entrees, duck for my friend and a marvelous rack o lamb for me....
This is a cant miss, spectacular culinary trip that rivals Paris’ best.
These two have it right, and their passion come thru with the dishes and their beautiful service.
But, make sure you make a reservation, because only a cherished few may enjoy this every evening.... and you want to be one of them.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were recently in Barcelona and after reading the wonderful reviews about Pau Claris 190 we decided to try it. The reviews were not wrong. Our dinners were phenomenal and so was the owner, Elizabeth. She made our last night in Barcelona a memorable one. I had the lamb chops that were delicious and my husband had the steak that he said was one of the best if not the best steaks he’s ever had. Thank you Elizabeth for a wonderful evening and we will certainly be back whenever we are in Barcelona. Please give this restaurant a try, you won’t regret it.
Roxanne T

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The food was very tasty so my red wine the owner has an internal drive to serve and respond to any request. the idea that a bench can serve 2 tables is not a good one because my wife was disturbed during the nice dinner by a guy who seated in a table next to us and was tremoring all the time so my wife had to move to another seat.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Strolling along the wide streets one bumps into this small restaurant with an umbrella and single set of table and chairs out the front. The ambience is cozy and relaxing; the duck liver starters were melt in the mourh; the iberian pork with chocolate and passion fruit was absolutely sublime! Tender and succulent pork accompanied, extraordinarily eloquently, by chocolate and passionfruit sauce and carrot, safron infused polenta. Accompanied by a majestic local wine, finished with a wonderfully delicate yet complex apple strudel. My only negative was the post-cooking seasoning was slightly heavy handed, but nothing to take away from the wonderful service and flavours!