See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Let's be clear, this a hostal, not a hotel and a horrible one at that. We were attracted by the grossly misleading photos, and advertising that makes it appear light and trendy and welcoming. It's unprepossesing from the outside and that didn't change on the inside. There's only a lift for luggage, so you better enjoy stairs.We'd booked the top floor terrace suite, and had been led to believe it was spacious with a private terrace. The room was tiny, one uncomfortable looking bed and a sofa bed crammed in to a space not large enough to swing a cat, and a shabby bathroom. The private terrace was just a section of the communal terrace, so not very private at all. The room stank of bleach, the sofa was filthy, the curtains had holes in. Contrary to the clean, refreshing green and white of the photos, the decor was tired and dismal. More of a cell than a suite. It was so depressing we checked out again straight away and had to pay for a night we didn't stay there. We went to a hotel five minutes away that was cheaper, with a much bigger room, delightful decor, a lift and lovely staff. So don't be fooled by talk of it being value for money, it isn't. At 120 euros a night it was a total rip off.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LondonHarriet
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Only stayed here for 1 night with my family. On arrival we had an issue which thanks to the man on reception (wish I had his name but due to the stressful situation forgot to take it) the matter was resolved to everyone's satisfaction... I can not thank him enough for that.
The Hostel was basic, but seemed to be clean enough. We had a room on the top floor which had its on quite impressive roof top terrace. The room was tidy and big enough to sleep 4.
Breakfast is very basic, and to be truthful food that was there was not being replenished quick enough and the kids didn't enjoy it so it was a trip to McDonald's to feed them up.
All in all, it's an ok place for a bed for the night so thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The hotel was quite average, I really cant complaint for the price we paid. But the street the hotel is in is a completely different story. Looks safe enough but I personally wouldn't go out after dark by myself. All attractions are at close distance and there is a La Rambla tube line 10 min walk from the hotel. So its quite incontinently located. Breakfast is ok - just cereals and toast nothing much. but as I said for the price we paid its fair enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here mid August this Year 2012. We were well impressed with extremely helpful and polite reception staff- a real credit. Well done. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast acceptable and very good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 501 looks out onto the terrace and the 4th floor you have your own little balcony and can watch the locals up and down the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Sadly as I am sure has already been mentioned, some booking websites advertise this as a Hotel, of which I am sure by now you have worked out it is not. We had also fallen into this trap, so were at first disappointed.

Once you get over that initial shock and rate it as a hostal, you can see its strengths. My partner and I stayed here for one night, the last night of our trip. There are no people lifts, just luggage lifts, so if you don't do stairs, don't come here. Not a problem for us, good bit of exercise after a big meal!

The room was VERY small, no lie, we struggled to put our big suitcase somewhere where we didn't have to climb over it. But it is a private room with an en suite! For a 'hostal' this is a big bonus. Ensuite has toilet, shower, sink with shampoo etc. Not bad. And the air con worked!

The breakfast was really good continental breakfast, nice courtyard on the same floor. Beautiful roof terrace, could do with some, lighting at night? But really well decorated, like a lot of things in this hostal. It is very well presented. Although rather dissappointingly there were a few damp marks on the wall paper in our room. Not unusual in an old building like this, and it wasn't THAT bad but if that sort of thing gets to you....Otherwise clean comfortable and I slept very well.

The location is very centeral, busy lively, friendly neighbourhood. So close to la rambla and most of the best things in the city. Would recommend this place to stay for groups, adventurous couples, solo exploring.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple