3,825 results
All reviews la rambla metro station paral lel cruise port bit dated family room taxi rank breakfast buffet reception staff decent hotel excellent location short break mini bar busy street few minutes walk side street tapas
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean and very central. You literally step out and you all possible transport service in front of the door. In addition the hotel is on av. Parallel which is one of bcns main avenues. 10 min walk to port vell and 5 min walk to Las ramblas which is super handy.

Breakfast was good with loads of local varieties.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Sergi_TRYPBCN_Apolo, General Manager at Tryp Barcelona Apolo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Shady K,

We would like to thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you liked our break location and breakfast. We are proud to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and that our hospitality reached your expectations.

Our best wishes,

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed here on a tour group and the location was very good. Walk in minutes to the Columbus Statue and Las Ramblas and Rambla de Mar among other places.
Check in was fast and easy. The rooms were clean. Some of our group had issues with the A/C but I had no problem with my room. I was on the side facing east so I didn't have the issues those on the west had with the heat from the setting sun and problems with the A/C. The WiFi was great and so was the morning buffet. I would stay again if I came back to Barcelona!

Room Tip: Stay on the east side if you don't want the glaring hot sun in the afternoon!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Linda B,

Thank you so much for your comment. We are glad to know that you liked our location, the team, services and breakfast.
We are waiting you on your next visit to the city. Come back soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night 27 April 2018. Check in was OK, but the guy wandered off at one point to sort someone else out, which I thought was pretty bad. The room was pretty basic, no carpet, only one easy(ish) chair. The air con was rubbish and I went down and told reception. The maintenance man was at the room before I was! He fiddled about with it and it was slightly better. He also unlocked the window which we had been unable to open. Then we were unable to close it!

My friend went down to mention that the air con was not much better and we waited for a long time, so I went down and a different man appeared and changed a component. It was still no better. The room cooled down enough to sleep. He did fix the window however, and so it was possible to either open it or tilt it.

View was not much, just a graffiti covered building opposite. My friend had a sticky patch by the side of her bed. TV was ok with plenty of channels including 3 English language ones in HD. We had twin beds, but they were pushed against each other. When we separated them slightly, there was a toothpick and lots of dust underneath. The Wi-Fi was fine, easy to connect and fast enough. There were two USB points by one side of the bed. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

I slept well enough, but boy was it noisy outside. Apart from the traffic there were people talking and yelling for a considerable period of time. I don’t know if this happens daily or only at the weekends. I stayed on a Friday night.

The bathroom was adequate but only had shower gel, no shampoo or conditioner. There were various things like a comb and a toothbrush however. The water was was hot enough to shave with. The shower was a bit confusing to work out, but was fine when I understood it. It had a rain shower and a standard moveable showerhead. The extractor fan didn’t work very well at all.

Breakfast was included and was fine. There were the usual suspects, plus a lot of cakes and doughnuts. An egg station was available which also made waffles.

You had to put your card in the slot to use the lift, but it chose your floor by reading the card. You didn’t need to press a button. Impressive.

I can’t comment on check out as I’m posting this on their Wi-Fi before leaving for my cruise. This is certainly not a four star standard hotel and I most definitely will never stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Tryp is in a great location for the port and Ramblas it also has a metro station right outside which is ideal for a visit to the nou camp or up to the hills on the cable cars.

We booked a double with balcony and received a twin without but to be fair they allowed an early check in.

Rooms are clean and bright, lots of noise from the streets below throughout the night but you are in the city.

If you use the car park be careful of the entrance. It has to be the narrowest, windiest entrance that I’ve ever known! €70 euros for seven days and you can come and go as you please

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Jamnate

Dear Jamnate,

Thank you so much for your comment. It has been a pleasure receiving you in our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very happy to know that the location of our hotel was helpful for you to move around the city. We are sorry that you received a room without balcony and we hope next time we have available the type of room wanted. Sometimes the city is busy so we understand it may be a bit noisy, even though all of our windows are soundproof, but we hope you were able to rest the desired. We will also consider the fact of the parking.

We hope to see you back soon in our hotel.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Great location
Staff very helpful, be specific if you want a double bed as most rooms comes with two singles however nice stay easy check in and out food in the hotel was lovely. Rooms were cleaned daily and very clean

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colaman2727
Sergi_TRYPBCN_Apolo, General Manager at Tryp Barcelona Apolo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear colaman2727,

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very fulfilling for us to know you were happy in your last stay in our hotel. Glad you liked the service and our personal team!

We hope to see you very soon back with us.

Kindest regards,