“Beatiful house, better than in the photos!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Jean G
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Luxurious is not the adjective I would use to describe this property.”
Reviewed 14 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Upon arrival 64 steps to climb to get to the front door.Told there were lots of mosquitoes and as the house had no mosquito nets no EC and no fans this was to prove a problem.The first four night we cooked in the house with windows and doors closed .Evetually on the fourth day badly fitted nets were put on two windows. My friends room had french doors only leading on to a balcony.so she spent every night cooking!!! The kitchen needed to be cleaned the microwave was dirty,the main oven was ugh, the Dishwasher didn't work(filter blocked by plastic wheel and two large pieces of broken glass)All glass ware crockery and cutlery had to be washed.NO inventory,NO information folder, NO information on appliances,NO fire extinguisher,fire blanket. The garden was very overgrown.unkempt dangerous.Poor outdoor facilities.The house was in a poor state as were the facilities and in some areas even dangerous.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the area was vary peaceful with a very efficient metro service and friendly neighbours
Liked least: The stairs.lack of defence against mosquitoes and the poor condition of the property and facilities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Dear Linda, Jean and Buoreville

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have had during your stay at my house.
I will try to clear up some of them, which I think are due to a misunderstanding.
Firstly, unfortunately, this year in May there was a heat-wave out of season, and like many people, I was not prepared for this; this meant that the mosquitos came earlier than usual. I am very sorry, I tried to put up the mosquito net and I phoned you several times and you said that everything was OK. So you didn´t give me the chance to solve the problem.
I always try to leave the house as clean as possible, so the issues that you mentioned surprise me. I have taken steps with the cleaning staff to assure that this doesn’t happen again.
Secondly, concerning the steps, I can confirm that in Holiday Lettings’ amenities of the house it states very clearly that the house is not suitable for people with reduced mobility. Furthermore, in the photos you can see that the house is on a hill. Also if you read the other reviews, many of them mention this fact.
Thirdly, my house has a tourist license. The number can be found on the web page.
Next, each bedroom has two electricity sockets. If you needed adaptors you could have asked me for them. The five tip-advisers refer to and measure the price and quality; they are not stars which measure the level of luxury. I have never claimed the house was a five-star luxury house, however I do the best I can and have had some terrific reviews from many people
Finally, for your two weeks’ stay you paid €2,000 euros, not 2,000 pounds. There is a 600 euro difference.
I give the same answer for the 3 reviews because you come together and you feel the same
boilerbil...
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“A very big disappointment”
Reviewed 13 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

When we arrived were met with a hike of 64 stairs up to the villa. This was not in the villa description. My wife suffers from an arthritic condition in her back and hips found the stairs extremely difficult, on several days we stayed in rather than face the stairs. We found some of the glasses with wine stains and the cutlery and crockery not the very clean. Hoover the bag full and filter blocked . No spare bags. The steam iron supplied leaked water everywhere. Two of the bedrooms had no mosquito screens. Four days later they were fitted. They were poorly made. One had a gap of 2.5 cms at the top and the top of the other bowed down by10 cms in the middle. Cristina was aware of this.With the use of kitchen towel and a home made prop we managed to seal them. None of the sinks had plugs. The family bathroom sink had a 6cms crack. No smoke alarms, fire extinguisher. Gardens overgrown and unuseable. LUXURIOUS??. Definitely not.

Date of stay: June 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: The stairs and the property overall

Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The proximity with the city center and also a natural enviroment
Liked least: the stairs
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Thank you so much!!
You are very welcome
Linda H
Spain
“Perfect Location, very poor accommodation”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

To whom it may concern regarding:
[--], near Barcelona

I was recently invited to spend some time with a very dear friend and her family in Barcelona, a special treat to which they had given a great deal of thought and chosen a LUXURY Villa near to the city centre.

A perfect tranquil location near to the Metro and, with the assistance of the owner, not too difficult to find. Unfortunately this is where 'perfect and luxury' ended. With no reference in the villa description there where 59 steep steps to the front door. Then the lock on the front door was faulty so we nearly did not enter. Having checked the bedrooms, which we where advised could sleep 8 adults, there was one double bedroom with a window, one twin bedroom with a window and double doors onto a terrace, bedroom three with bunk beds, no window but double doors and bedroom four, with an extremely low Futon. None of the bedrooms had mosquito netting although we have been warned that the mosquito's where really bad, consequently you could not leave the windows open at night. There were no mirrors, apart from the bathroom but there were plenty of toilet rolls, so a good point! There was no air conditioning, no ceiling fans and no stand alone fans. One family bathroom with a shower over the bath, but no plug for the sink. A further downstairs shower room again no plug for the sink. No non-slip mat for the bath. The water was extremely, dangerously so, hot and in the shower room it was very easy to bend down and knock the shower mixer and change the temperature without realising.

The kitchen was very poorly equipped, no ironing board, no oven gloves, there did not appear to be a user guide for the oven and the markings were illegible around the dials which made it difficult to work out how to use the oven, no plug for the sink, no jug, no chopping board, no eight of anything, mugs etc. The dishwasher did not work until we investigated and found one of the wheels off the racks was jammed in the filter, along with two large pieces of glass. The dryer was full of 'fluff'. Generally the whole house was not very clean, cobwebs and dirt behind and under the beds. There were at least eight light bulbs not working in various rooms and a shortage of plug sockets.

The outside space was very poorly equipped, four very broken chairs on the upstairs terrace, five plastic chairs around the table, no cushions and no comfortable seating for relaxing at all. The garden, which could have been very nice, was unkempt and showed lack of any attention, although we were asked to water the plants, which we did everyday. All the above may be sufficient for a 3 star, rustic villa but definitely NOT a luxury villa.

My main concern, which I think should be the responsibility of Holiday Lettings, or their Agent, is to ensure that the owner of the property is help accountable for at least the very basics for the health, safety and well being of their renters. Simple things like a basic First Aid Kit, a Fire Blanket, a Fire Extinguisher, Smoke Detectors and a folder with, 'What to do in the case of Fire', including emergency numbers for the local chemist, hospital, taxi, copy of the boiler service agreement etc. and anything which may be relevant whilst the client is in an unknown situation. As a guest I was not privy to the exact cost of the Belladona but I do know that over £2,000 was mentioned – this accommodation, I do NOT consider to be either luxury or value for money.

Perhaps you would consider the above and assure either myself or the renters that the owner is made aware of the aforementioned comments and ensure that measures are taken to remedy these items without delay. As far as I aware if this property had a 'Licence to Rent' I am sure all of the above would have been inspected – I wonder whether it has a licence.

I would appreciate your communication to confirm receipt and acknowledge the above mentioned issues.

Regards,

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Date of stay: March 2014
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.