4,412 results
All reviewsmetro stationlas ramblasgreat hotelrooftop poolparal lelminute walkgood sizestayed here for nightstriple roompick pocketssmall poolmain roadbusy roadreception staffexcellent locationbooked this hotelshort break
Reviewed 13 March 2016

The hotel is in a good location. There is a metro stop right outside.the front door. The rambles, the port and the magic fountains are all within easy walking distance. There are lots of cafes and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

The rooms are of a good size with plenty on room for clothes etc. The rooms are very clean. The en-suite bathroom is decent with a bath/shower, toilet, sink and free toiletries which are replenished daily. The only problem I had with the room was the walls seamed paper thin. I could hear my neighbors moving around and talk.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I'm ever back in Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Check in was quick and efficient, it was our 10 year anniversary and we asked for an upgrade, Christian obliged and upgraded us to the superior double room with terrace and it made our break away. The Room was amazing I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone, it was only 10 mins from La Rambla and the metro is just outside.breakfast was fine and the cocktail bar was great for a cocktail or beer before heading out,It was busy enough and closed at 12. We would definetly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here recently for three nights on the recommendation of other family members. It was very reasonably priced and the rooms were clean, beds comfortable, stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the Parallel, a bit noisy but then you are in a central location ideal for sightseeing so one cannot complain. I agree with other reviewers that a kettle in the room is something I expect to find in a hotel room these days.
However, the best part of the hotel is its staff , without exception the members at reception were absolutely 5 star....the were so courteous, knowledgeable and unbelievably helpful. Carlos , thank you so much for your help with tickets you were so patient and deserve an extra mention !
I wouldn't hesitate to return to this wonderful city and would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

The Barcelona universal is a pretty nondescript hotel, great if you want a bed for the night but nothing special. I would not recommend for a romantic weekend when we were here the hotel was full of stagg doo's. The rooms were ok but nothing really to talk about, your choice of view is either the main road, a block of flats that looks like a Brazilian favela, or our room looked onto an internal space so therefore no fresh air.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mart4Alley
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights with my wife and we found the hotel to be of a very good standard; very clean and well maintained.

All of the staff that we came across; particularly the reception team were very helpful.

Would stay here again without a doubt.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple